my husband is getting called on by an elder I hate

by homeschool 5 Replies latest jw friends

• homeschool
    homeschool

my husband was not going to go to the memorial, but then his sister started bullying him via texts...saying that he needed to reconsider his decision not to go. I work on Saturdays usually, and was not home yesterday when an elder (who tried to pursuade my husband to quit dating me a year and a half ago) dropped by to tell him how great it was to see him at the memorial. Hubby is inactive and does not believe the jw's anymore (i'm 99% sure). Hubby asked them some tough questions, in which they wouldn't answer directly or kept changing the subject. I believe the questions were regarding df'ing mainly. Anyway, the elder offered to drop by some info regarding the matter sometime this week while hubby and i are both at work and then stop by next Saturday to actually discuss the info. Here is my question: should I insist on being present while they are meeting with my husband? Its driving me crazy to think of them coming here while I'm working....but at the same time, my husband's on his own journey with this. I've been inactive for ten years and he's only been inactive for 1 1/2.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I guess I wouldn't "insist"on any thing, just because it makes you look desperate. I've only been out for about 11 months and my mind is made up, his probably is too. Don't worry too much about him going to memorial, my husband did too because of family pressure. The whole night just made him more disgruntled regarding the family that guilt ed him into going. Believe me nothing magical happened there. Anyway welcome to the board and look forward to hearing more from you. NMKA

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I guess I wouldn't "insist"on any thing, just because it makes you look desperate. I've only been out for about 11 months and my mind is made up, his probably is too. Don't worry too much about him going to memorial, my husband did too because of family pressure. The whole night just made him more disgruntled regarding the family that guilt ed him into going. Believe me nothing magical happened there. Anyway welcome to the board and look forward to hearing more from you. NMKA

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Be nice and bake them cookies. Use exlax instead of chocolate chips.

W

• choosing life
    choosing life

Maybe ask your husband if he would like you to be there? My husband and I have been out a few years and he has a no call rule, period.

If it is an elder that tried to break you two up, maybe your husband should consider your feelings. The same thing happened to me when I didn't respond quickly enough to the "truth". Oh yeah, we were expecting our first child too. Can't you just feel the love?

• homeschool
    homeschool

Thanks, I like the ex-lax idea. I've been trying to figure out why this is making me so anxious... "choosing Life"- I think you kinda hit the nail on the head. This is a man/elder who tried to make the love of my life break up with me and it's all in the name of "love". It makes me sick in my heart to know that he would stop at nothing to get my hubby back in the jws, which makes me feel nauseous and angry. I wish my husband could see that the guy is NOT all about caring and love...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit