Attended Episcopal Wedding Ceremony Last Month

by Athanasius 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Hi everyone.

Yes, I attended an Episcopal Wedding service last month. My own. My Russian fiancee and I finally tied the knot. We had a beautiful service. Her grandson walked her down the aisle and my cousin, who is a DFd JW was my best man. During the ceremony I read 1 Corinthians 13 from the New English Bible. This chapter has a beautiful description of love. My priest gave a wonderful homily. Our music director played the traditional wedding march, something denied me at my first wedding in the Kingdom Hall, and he sang "Ave Maria."

It was a small private service with just my and my wife's close family and friends in attendance. Later we had a reception at our house. Fortunately most of my family is out of the Watchtower, so my daughter and her husband, my sister and her husband were able to be in church to share our happiness. My wife's family were never involved with the Witnesses, so they had no problem with the service, even though they belong to a different church family. My mother, who is still a devout JW, though unable to attend the service at church, was able to come to the reception.

My wife is Russian Orthodox, and we plan to have a Russian Orthodox wedding service next year in Sevastople, Ukraine, when we visit her family next year.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Congrats!

• StAnn
    StAnn

Oh, it sounds so lovely! Congratulations! I too wished I could have had the Wedding March at my KH Wedding but got stuck with the Shulamite Maiden. Not a fair substititution.

Many sincere wishes for a happy married life together.

Russian Orthodox is COOL. If you like the Episcopal Church, you're going to love the Orthodox!

StAnn

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Congratulations! I hope you have many wonderful years together.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Hi St. Ann. Did the elder who performed your wedding ceremony at the KH give the audience a lecture about others not kissing the bride, throwing rice, etc.? My ex-wife and I were married at the KH in the 1960s and that was something that was in the wedding talk outline I think. Anyway, its so good to be free of all those rediculous Watchtower rules. What was nice about our church wedding was that my priest made it very personal. It was about my wife and I and God and our happiness. Not like the Watchtower infomercial that we had to endure at a KH wedding.

Sorry that during your wedding ceremony at the KH you had to come down the aisle to the tune of the Shulamite Remnant. My ex-wife marched down the aisle to Praise Jah With Me. Watchtower hymns are so, well difficult to sing, terrible to listen to, and, and a number of other things better left unsaid.

Isn't it nice to be free of Watchtower bondage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit