When you get your ass back here from Thanksgiving.

by lurk3r 3 Replies latest jw friends

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

I notice the board is running kind of "slow" today. It must be cause you were out eating some turkey; Turkey. Orrrr, you live in USA and have a life!

With all the questions I have been asking, I just wanted to take my "daily thread" and implore you to accept my Thanks. I had a slow week, and was able to spend a lot of time here. I'm a newb and realize that just like "real life" it takes time to

form relationships, here on this board. For the ones I have engaged in conversation with, Thanks so very much for taking the time. Taking the time, and spending your thread counts; enabling me to get to know myself better, and getting to know

you. Leaving the JW mentality has been a long road for me. I hung on inside my head for many many years. I'm finally letting go, properly. I have felt so GOOD for a while now, and I KNOW it's because I have some RAM free'd up in this

head of mine, and it's nice being able to think more clearly about many things. In turn I can actually get out how I feel! In turn I can appreciate my life a little bit more. How liberating it is to ask and know that I don't have to accept anything I don't

feel right about. That i can actually FORM and opinion for myself of what I believe or what I choose not to. It really impresses in me howimportant it is to be concious in this unconcious world. I'm not there, but i sense it's coming.

This note isn't addressed to anyone, because you know who you are already. If you don't, I really hope we form a connection along the way if it both works for us.

much love,

lrkr

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Lurk3r,

You posted something in another thread about "not leaning on your own understanding."

I wanted to get some info together and start a thread concerning this, but it may take me awhile.

I think this teaching is wrong and it is designed to take away your personal power.

It is used as a manipulation tactic and could possibly have been included in scripture during the time period when scriptural changes were made to reflect the "divine right of kings."

Jesus said when he left that "the Comforter" would come to guide us.

I believe the Holy Spirit is indwelling and therefore, we are to rely on our own sense of intuition, and rationalization through critical thinking. The Holy Spirit is the "spirit of truth" and this is something we must cultivate individually. We must pursue truth, take a stand for it, and it must be a priority at all costs. Seeking truth is the "Pearl of Great Price".

And although we may not know what 'truth' is...at least we know what it isn't.

When there are things we do not understand, when we come together with others on this path who hold truth in great esteem, then we are able to dig deeper.

I believe this is what Jesus meant when he said "when two or three are gathered together, then I am in their midst"...or something like that.

I think this is also what is meant by 'forsake not assembling among yourselves'. That scripture does not mean driving 300 miles to an official "assembly". ha.

If you were not meant to lean on your own understanding...doesn't that take away your right to free thinking?

Doesn't that take away your right to question?

Doesn't that imply that you are to give over your thinking and reasoning skills to blindly follow someone else?

Do you think the elders are really smarter than you?

PS. I think the reason newbies get so few posts is because the same questions appear over and over with newbies. I guess the admin thinks newbies could gain more from reading over past posts and going through searches before jumping in to possibly become repetitive. It's not a bad thing.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

At my house we try to combine ThanksGiving with the Memorial......So we tie a Turkey to a Stake......This is a short video I took of my Neighbours and the Turkey..

....................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

Ha ha. Did ya notice Outlaw, true to ex jw form, that it isn't even Thanksgiving? It's Easter. I just noticed while I was out as it was brought to my attention..lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit