Are the GREAT CROWD even supposed to go to Memorial?

by maryacclaim 8 Replies latest jw friends

• maryacclaim
    maryacclaim

So I ask this because, we read in Luke 22:19, "to keep doing this in remebrance of me." So the society says that we are commanded to continue to observe this. However, in John 6:53,54 we read, "Most assuredly, I say to you, Unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you." "Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up in the Last Day." To this, the Society says, it only applies to the Little Flock.

But, they were speaking of the same event, and if the The Great Crowd is not to partake, it would stand to reason that the words to the ANOINTED class to keep doing this in remembrance of me also does not apply to the Great Crowd as well. They should have a special convention of the ANOINTED each year and observe this together and not make us watch everybody pass the bread and cup around like hot potatoes.

Just a Thought!

• minimus
    minimus

Very simple, very true.

The Watchtower hates looking at context otherwise they're exposed as false.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Yeah, the Bible says to do it. The WTS twists it by saying only "anointed" are supposed to do it. And who knows where they get the idea that the others are to "just watch."

• minimus
    minimus

Everyone knows that when they are invited to a meal with food and drink, you're supposed to "just watch". "Just watch" to see if anyone else eats or drinks.

• marcopolo
    marcopolo

memorial only for people new who come ,,so them can control them mind too.. so hope .. pffff

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

It makes you wonder how many of the "annointed "actually know each other. I mean do any have a friendship with a fellow king/ priest/ judge ...someone they can have a coffe with to discuss their future job and all things heavenly ? Apart from those in Brooklyn , does the GB even know who the rest of these 9,000+ are ? Do they have a list of names ? If not, why not? They know who the paedos are..........

• oompa
    oompa

when i was a dub if felt strongly that if they did attend they should not pass the emblems....you have food passed to you for one reason only......to eat it.........anointed should just sit/recline at the table like jeses and his posse did....and chow down....period

however i am working on a similar thread with a few other ideas and scriptures to show i was wrong about this point.........oompa

• blondie
    blondie

Actually around the time the "great crowd" was identified in 1935, they did not, not until 1938.

*** w95 7/1 p. 15 par. 5 "The Israel of God" and the "Great Crowd" ***In 1934 other sheep were encouraged to submit to water baptism. In 1935 they were identified with the "great crowd" of Revelation chapter 7. In 1938 they were invited to attend the Memorial of the death of Jesus

• purpleplus
    purpleplus

MaryAcclaim, I thought the same thing.

A sister called to invite me to the memorial 3 hours before it took place. I think she called because we passed each other in traffic that day.

Anyway, if someone asks if I attended I will ask them, "when you have dinner at your place do you invite people to come and just watch?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit