Do They Tell You Where to Sit, Too?

by cameo-d 9 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I was just reading a thread where someone was "seated" next to the same people year after year at Memorial.

Is this "seating" only done at Memorial?

Are you allowed to have a preference to seat yourself?

Is there an unspoken mandatory seating arrangement?

Does the speaker have a seating chart to help him remember the names of who he is calling on to answer the questions?

If you are co-erced to sit in a certain spot....do you sit there and then later move before things get started? have you ever done that?

Do most people sit in the same spot at every meeting?

Why?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Were you ever a JW?

It is starting to seem like you were not.

BTS

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Were you ever a JW?

It is starting to seem like you were not.

BTS

No. I was never a JW. I have often said that here.

I think there are quite a few non JWs on this board.

Usually our lives have been touched or changed by someone who was/is JW.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

At the REJECT Jesus Party, they often move people around after they settled in, for no good reason. They also do that with parking--one attendant tells you to park in one spot, and then you are redirected 15 or 20 times.

At regular boasting sessions, there is no officially assigned seating for most people. But most people will naturally tend to sit in the same general area in the Kingdumb Hell for whatever reason, despite that they repeatedly ask people not to do that. They want everyone working with everyone else--and to not get too attached to anyone. Which can happen if people tend to sit in the same general areas.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Hahaha, WTWizard!

That actually happened to me tonight! I parked and for some odd reason was directed elsewhere.

But I did get to choose my own seat. Although I found when you come late, you don't really get much of a choice.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Does the speaker have a seating chart to help him remember the names of who he is calling on to answer the questions?

cd,

There are no questions asked at the Memorial, but for the other meetings, everyone pretty much knows everyone else by name.

Warlock

• viva
    viva

I have been a designated attendant herder at many JW functions, including the memorial. You try to make sure that all the seats are filled, kind of like playing Tetris. And then some feel obliged to set people near thier family and/or friends.

• verystupid77
    verystupid77

It just depends on how early you get there. Get there early enough and you can sit anywhere, latter and they seat you. My deleted elder husband because he stood up to a pedophile in the hall and would not let the pedo hit him wanted to get there late, I knew I would be stuck in the back with even more nut case then ever so made him get there early at least we could choose our seats.

• blondie
    blondie

Trying to tell jws where to sit is like herding cats. I was in one congregation where the first 5 rows were empty and everyone tried to sit in the back. The attendants would put up barriers for the last 2 rows and people would just step over and sit there. If you were in a KH that was packed, an attendant would have to find you a chair. Otherwise it is first come, first seated where you want. There are always some eccentrics that have to sit in the same spot, but it is not the rule.

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Plenty of empty seats

where I went

Lots of parking too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit