why report more partakers?

by rebel8 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Mad Irishman - "I think most JW's think a lot of people who are now partaking are just mentally unbalanced."

Well, not to put too fine a point on it, but...

x

...even as far back as the 80s (when the number actually seemed to be decreasing), all the partakers I ever met - whilst nevertheless being very nice people - still seemed a little...

x

...off.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Mad Irish, I don't think there is a way of tracking these par takers by their country of origin, is there?
  • steve2
    steve2
    There has never been a country-by-country breakdown of numbers of partakers. No doubt the GB has access to that information and may specifically "target" regions where there is a noticeable surge in partakers.
  • hoser
    hoser

In the last congregation I attended there was a "brother" who started partaking He did this for. Few years until his wife died then he stopped because he wanted to be with her in the new system.

He is a little off. A little creepy too. Kind of a pervert type of guy.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Hoser: He is a little off. A little creepy too. Kind of a pervert type of guy.

By god Hoser....you've just described each and every GB member! :):):)

• rebel8
    rebel8

there was a "brother" who started partaking He did this for. Few years until his wife died then he stopped because he wanted to be with her in the new system.

Excellent--you get a choice of afterlives. Like a menu.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Vidiot, perhaps the reason that the anointed seem a little "off" is because they have a different perspective and hope than the other sheep. If their "head is in the clouds" it's because that's where their future lies, in the heavens.

I don't think the anointed or the other sheep completely understand each others hope. The other sheep think, why would you want to DIE and go to heaven when you can LIVE on the Earth forever? The anointed think, why would you want to be confined to the Earth when you could be with Jehovah and Jesus, and explore the infinite heavens?

The anointed also have the "token" of holy spirit, which the other sheep do not have. It must "change your way of living" in unexplainable ways.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit