Zoned out ' friends.'

by strawberry cake 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

This is a note I got from an old 'friend' when I contacted her on facebook. She was one of my closest JW 'friends' who shunned me, yet would greet me if she saw me in town or at an event. I thought she had some independent thought: I was wrong. I hope one day she'll wake up.

I am sincerely sorry for your pain. All people believe what they think to be true. You and I know what each other believe and the reasons why we act the way we do. You are the same J that I grew to love as a dear friend and will always remain that way but now your view has changed and so we cannot associate as worshippers together and share spiritual things. I am here the same as before but we can only be reunited in a shared understanding of scripture. I pray that that day will come and we will find each other again.
    Love M

SC

• ninja
    ninja

I would write ...."I hope and pray that one day you will find out you are in a cult.......and escape it ....just as I have....if and when you do....I will be there for you"..........strawbs

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Good one ninja! Very good response

nj

• Ri
    Ri

Ask your friend to meditate upon the question of: Is it Jehovah or is it the Watchtower she worships because the two are not the same.

• oompa
    oompa

just barf strawberry....the other ideas are cute or funny....but sadly there is prob NOTHING you can say at one time to make a diff.........sorry........oompa

well...you could ask her to show/explain to you were all the 12 uses of Jehovah in Revelation come from in the NWT!.......since none of them are quotes from the OT....but she may not know what WT says about it...or even care

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I am feeling particularly 'zoned out' tonight Oompa.

I wish you were just around the corner, so that I could pop in for a chat and a rave. I am more than just a little pissed off tonite and I know that you have been where I am.

I will be over it before you book your tickets to NZ.

Cheers

Chris

• wobble
    wobble

If she were my friend I would offer her the chance to re-adjust my thinking.

I have done this recently with active Dubs,asking them to prove to me from the Bible where it states in plain language that Jesus chose the Bible Students under Rutherford in 1918/9. Also using logic and reason of course.

I have pointed out that if they cannot then the GB of today has no authority,no right to speak.

It's funny,none of them have got back to me with the proof.

Love

Wobble

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

Hello Cake. I can relate to your post, as i have and continue to be torn towards friends who hold on to a similar mentality. You took the time out to contact her, and that shows your feelings towards her...does it make you sad to not have thing reciprocated the way you may have hoped?

lurk3r

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

Thanks Ninja, nj, RI, Maybe I missed an opportunity. I sense that when I try to explain, her apostate alarm goes off and she doesn't hear me. I am baffled that she hasn't wised up and therfore may be using the structure to cope with life.

We did explain our view to her, as she was the first person my husband and I told when we had made our decision to leave. We explained everything and told her to check the internet and investigate what we had told her.

Even with all this, she decided to stay. Ironically, she wasn't even that strong a JW, always complaining about not being able to do enough and torn between her love for teaching and the demands made on her by the Org. She ignored a lot of the societies adivice when it suited her. On my leaving she actually become a stronger witness.

Oompa, it does indeed seem like a waste of time trying.

Wobble, I have tried explaining to many, when we were leaving, yet they are still going! She knows how strongly I feel and indeed why. It seems that her trust in the Org is similar to a trust in the bible, a leap of faith.

SC

Lurk3r, Yes I did kinda make her part of my family for years. We went on holidays and her children are close to my children. I find the finality of the shunning hard to understand. I thought we were so connected as friends and that she would see beyond the JW rules. And of course I think that she is wasting her life on this and want to save her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit