Is our gripe with God or man?

by The Berean 8 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• The Berean
    The Berean

A friend of mine took a stand the other day that had me thinking. His claim was until I cursed the God of my understanding I was still a believer of that diety even though I did not profess such worship.

I told him he was probably correct. He got upset and attempted to adjust my thinking.

You see, I personally have no evidence that woe and stress originates with God or church founders for that matter. To me, even the holiest of intentions become corrupted when circulated among the masses. Can many find something wrong with the Bible's "Ten commandments"? Perhaps not, yet hate directed toward members the Nation of Isreal, for whom those instructions were originally given, abounds.

When a faith does not work for an individual is it therapudic to verbally assault Budda, Allah, Jehovah, or even Thor because followers made a mess of righteous doctrine? Perhaps ...

I fiind that whichever God one's formative years featured retains a certain degree of respect as well as infallability over time no matter how believers in that diety conduct themselves. Could this skewed inculcation explain why some feel confused as to where the the best affiliation might be found?

• charrington
    charrington

Very good point indeed... It's pretty obvious that JW's are not perfect (whether or not they think so). Not all of them are "bad" people and if you do beleive in the bible maybe the words of Paul about wolves in sheeps clothing applies here.

The things that people accuse JW's of I see in every Religion and personally have see far worse, but whos to blame? God? Religion? or people?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I agree huge point. I have won over my wife on this. We agree the Bible is God, and all this other doctrine is man. She finally admits it but struggles at times. But we agree. We have no disagreement with scripture, only man

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

I used to have several gripes with God. The main one was why did He created me and leave me with a difficult choice, Him or Hell.

I tried my own way in life for 20 years, indulged myself in sex, drugs and rock and roll and found it not liberating but depressing.

I have had other gripes since coming back to faith. The thing is I have found a child like faith in my Heavenly Father works wonders :)

Why should I think I know God's job better than Him?! I am not exactly well qualified for the job.

All the best,

Stephen

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Mans' Ego - the NEED to be right. The NEED to be seen as right.

• Priest73
    Priest73
    Why should I think I know God's job better than Him?!

Because man invented god. Not the other way around.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I agree with Chalam 100%. Living a godly life is simple following the pirate code:

"What do we stand for?"
    "All that is good."
    "What are we against?"
    "All that is bad."

Our noodly father's ways are best.

RAmen

• Warlock
    Warlock

My gripe is only with man.

Warlock

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Damn them both to HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit