Earthquake in Italy, a sign of the times!

by drew sagan 7 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
  • skeeter1
    skeeter1

This is terrible. My sister called me early this morning. This is where my family is from, and I'm related to almost an entire small mountain town. We joke that we're just a bunch of inbred Italians, as the graves are either my grandmother's maiden or my grandfather's name. My small town abutts the mountains, west of the capital of L'Aquila. There is an old roman castle that protects the town. I pray, and am looking on where to donate.

Skeeter

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Earthquakes have been happening in Italy forever, and will continue to do so. Italians will build it back, and build it even more bellisimo and stronger.

• Newborn
    Newborn

Yeah - that's god's will alright....

ha!

• villabolo
    villabolo

The Witlesses will be dancing in jubilation. Sickos!

• minimus
    minimus

This is all a fulfillment of Bible prophecy against the Roman armies and Roman Catholic Church.

• besty
    besty

history doesn't support the 'sign of the times' in Italy at least:

"One of the most deadly events occurred in Messina in Sicily in 1908, in which a quake measuring 7.2 on the Richter scale killed an estimated 70,000 people."

• ziddina
    ziddina

The saddest part is that an Italian seismologist successfully predicted that the area was going to be hit by a major earthquake based on his measurements of emissions of radon gases in the area, and the local officials got upset at the idea that he might 'panic' some people and forced him to remove his warnings and website from the Internet. His name was (please forgive my spelling!) Giampaolo Giuliani. Here are a couple of links: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/apr/06/italy-earthquake-predicted

and: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/90-killed-in-italy-earthquake-1663547.html

Well, that's my last post for a day or so...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit