Scandal Anyone

by The Berean 7 Replies latest jw friends

• The Berean
    The Berean

Does anyone else feel, as I, that the New York based Bethel family is simply a microcosm of society as a whole and has just a much crime and corruption within as anywhere else on Main Street?

If so, how are they able to suppress evidence and incriminating evidence? Is there a vow of silence?

Some of you out there MUST know something otherwise the "slave class" really is supernatural.

Can anyone courageously spill some beans and help topple this outfit? We are only one scandal away!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

In some cults, the leader is PERSON or a GROUP.

I honestly believe, with this cult, the leader is a CONCEPT. That concept, of course, is that THIS IS GOD'S ORGANIZATION.

As such, it's not possible to have a whistleblower or one single event that creates an existential threat to Watchtower.

If the entire Governing Body "went apostate" today, the underlings would simply pick up the pieces and carry on.

If Rutherford could get away with what he did, upon Russell's death, then a future Rutherford (or Rutherford Class) could do the same thing. Some would leave, but the blind, mind-controlled masses are captives to the same concept, and they would remain faithful.

The Bible can be twisted to support almost anything. We have countless examples of this. Intelligent people who are dishonest can defend the indefinsible in a way that has the "ring of truth" to the unsuspecting.

Just my two cents.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Leaving, wonder if we'll see mention of the "Rutherford Class" in an upcomng WT? Right beside the Jonadab Class.

StAnn

• The Berean
    The Berean

Interesting thoughts leavingwt.

My question goes as to why does there seems to be a lack o eye-witness testimony regarding sin in the tabernacle. If there is no sin in New York could some not conclude that The WBTS IS the only "righteous" organization on earth? I suspect that those who actually know something are still too intimidated to talk.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    My question goes as to why does there seems to be a lack o eye-witness testimony regarding sin in the tabernacle.

Observers would first have to have had an awakening. Otherwise, this "sin" you refer to is glorious Sacred Service.

• jws
    jws

Scandal is a relative term. What may shock the JWs isn't necessarily going to shock the press or the rest of the outside world - at least not enough to publish it for the world to read. An affair within the headquarters? Big deal? Gay members? So what? And if something is widely known, they'll DF whoever is involved and the JWs will exhale a sigh of relief and rest easy that the org is safe.

As far as things that do go on that aren't supposed to, plenty of ex-bethelites have told stories on this board.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Just throw a bag of cheap pot in the GB's and elders cars and call the cops. That'll cause a ruckuss..

• sir82
    sir82
    My question goes as to why does there seems to be a lack o eye-witness testimony regarding sin in the tabernacle. If there is no sin in New York could some not conclude that The WBTS IS the only "righteous" organization on earth? I suspect that those who actually know something are still too intimidated to talk.

LWT's observation is spot on.

Of course there have been "eyewitnesses to sin" in Bethel, outside of Bethel, all over the place. Those individuals who have been caught are disfellowshipped (most of the time, anyway). The average JW reacts with a shrug of the shoulders and keeps on believing that, somehow, this is God's organization, "a perfect organization run by imperfect people".

One of my favorite posts from this forum expressed the writer's view that "Governing Body members could be sodomizing young children on a float in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, and most Witnesses would just shrug and say 'But it's still the truth.' "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit