Murphy's Law?

by StAnn 6 Replies latest jw friends

• StAnn
    StAnn

This evening, I left home "just for a minute" and so didn't grab the cell phone. Of course, as I'm driving through the absolute worst neighborhood in my town (the one riddled with gangs), I had a flat tire.

I almost always have my cell phone on me. I don't use it as a "regular" phone. We have a plan that's $15 a month for 300 minutes. It's just for emergencies! So when I have an emergency, my phone is at home.

Murphy got me. Fortunately, it was still daylight and there was a fire station right around the corner, so I pulled in there. I felt safer there. One of the firemen even came out and helped.

Just wondering about others' stories of Murphy's Law winning out.

StAnn

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    I almost always have my cell phone on me. I don't use it as a "regular" phone. We have a plan that's $15 a month for 300 minutes. It's just for emergencies! So when I have an emergency, my phone is at home.

What company offers 300 minutes a month for $15?

• StAnn
    StAnn

Miami University in Oxford! I'm a student there so I get a free phone and 300 minutes a month for $15. I don't text, so it's great for me. I still use my LAN line.

StAnn

• chickpea
    chickpea

just want to acquaint you
    with what my husband calls
    Horowitz's Law.....

in its entirety:
    Murphy was an optimist

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

chickpea:

Horowitz's Law.....
    in its entirety:
    Murphy was an optimist

I was just getting ready to post that...only I had always heard that called Smith's Law

Snakes ()

• StAnn
    StAnn

Well, Horowitz got me this morning. Last night I had a flat tire and put on the spare.

This morning, the opposite tire was flat. Spare's in use. I'm stuck at home and it's PALM SUNDAY. No church for me!

There's a tire place right around the corner from me but it's closed on Sunday.

Screw Horowitz.

StAnn

• StAnn
    StAnn

Since I'm trapped at home, thought I'd do laundry. Oops, I'm out of laundry soap. So I decided to make some, only to discover that I don't have any washing soda~and I can't go to the store to buy any!

This day is not shaping up too well for me.

Damn Murphy/Horowitz.

StAnn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit