Jehovah's Witnesses have a close call

by Kenneson 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Kenneson
  • Atlantis
    Atlantis

Kenneson:

Thank you for letting us know! Yes, a close call!

N.

• blondie
    blondie
    Explosion Rocks Southern WV Town
    CHATTAROY, W.Va. (AP)
    Posted: 11:21 AM Apr 2, 2009 Last Updated: 11:21 AM Apr 2, 2009

A | A | A

An explosion in southern West Virginia leveled a house, blew doors off their hinges at another residence and shattered windows in up to a dozen other homes and cars.

Mingo County Emergency Services Operator Tim Dixon says no injuries were reported following the 2 a.m. Thursday explosion in Chattaroy.

A member of the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witness says the explosion leveled an unoccupied home two doors up from his church. Larry Cope says the house is now "just a flat piece of ground."

Cope says a mobile home on the opposite side of the leveled house was heavily damaged. He says the blast blew out windows and doors at his house.

The Fire Marshal's Office and several fire departments remained on the scene at mid-morning.

Find this article at:
    http://www.whsv.com/home/headlines/42326442.html
  • Priest73
    Priest73

Jehovah truely looks after his property.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

I grew up and live in WV.

I can easily see this happening in Southen, WV. Mingo Co. can be a scary place.

My money says it was a meth lab.

• cawshun
    cawshun

Lucky KH's don't have windows, probably would have been blown out too. I knew their had to be a good reason for no windows.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Lucky KH's don't have windows, probably would have been blown out too. I knew their had to be a good reason for no windows.

Tombs, pyramids, and Kingdom Halls.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

KH's have windows in most places. If where you lived they didn't, it was for crime deterent and insurance reasons.

• cawshun
    cawshun

peacefulpete, the KH in my town is new and has no windows. The reason given was for energy efficency, a lot of the people around town say they don't have windows because their a cult, the witnesses laugh when they hear this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit