Who was the true Christian?

by Jim Dee 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim Dee
    Jim Dee

Yesterday I was in London City Centre.

There were 14 Salvation Army people helping the homeless and street drifters get a meal and check on their health. The SA were concerned for these people, blue with cold (it was -5 yesterday), yet doing there best to help those who were defenseless and at risk.

At the same time were 3 JW's at the other end of Shaftsbury Ave selling mags.

Which was the true Christians, those who helped ones who could not return the gift - or the preachers?

I was ashamed

Jim

• willy_think
    willy_think

Don't let the Salvation Army recruiting technique fool you, both groups were doing the same thing in there specialized ways.

The Great and Powerful Oz

pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
  • rekless
    rekless

yes, they are both cults, but one helps the needy while the other sells magizine.

• rhett
    rhett

Wait a minute, who needs to be a christian to do good works? I've done plenty of volunteer work and I'm definitely not a christian at all. Who was doing a greater service in this situation? The SA of course. I just find it annoying when christians talk about all the wonderful things that they do thinking you have to believe in the bible to do any of it. Its not like everyone who doesn't believe in it is out there pushing old ladies down, kicking puppies, and flinging their feces at everyone. Nonbelievers actually do good deeds and live the best they can as well, they're just not so cocky about it.

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit