Got the XBox tonight!!!

by Eyebrow 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

...and I gotta say it was WELL worth the money and the wait!!!

I guess we should have used the money to pay bills...but you have to splurge once in a while.

I play Nascar Heat and caused about 34 wrecks...very neat game.

And to think if I was a JW still I would have been sitting in the book group instead of taking out Dale Jarrett and Kevin Harvick.
    What a shame!

• Andee
    Andee

I just heard about the Xbox tonight. I saw on TV some kids doing a comparision between it, Nintendo, and Playstation2. ALL the kids voted Xbox their favorite.

BTW How much did it set you back?

Andee
    Who remembers playing "Pong" (and being really impressed by it)and who also has a Sega Genesis gathering dust in the closet.

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

We had a similiar game to Pong for our first video game.

It is 300 smackeroos, but it only comes with one controller so we got another for 40 and the remote control for 20 so you can use it as a DVD player too.

I gave my husband a hard time when I first heard about the xbox several months ago. I thought it was a lot, but since it is a DVD player too it is not so bad. We were going to wait until we got our tax return, but he got an unexpected bonus at work, so I told him he should finally splurge on himself for a change.

I feel a tad materialistic tonight, hahaha! Dang borg! But I guess everything balances out because my sneakers are three years old and my car is 14 years old and my husband's is 12 heehee.

My brother has Playstation 2, we have a playstaion 1, all sorts of nintendos including the 64. I have also played the Dreamcast which I loved. The Xbox has the others beat, hands down. The controllers are bigger, they were designed for adults, not little kids. The control also shakes and rumbles with certain games. It is pretty neat.

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

Hi Eyebrow,

I live with a 3-D digital artist who makes computer games.

I asked him just this morning if he had his preference, which of the new playstations he would want (fishing for gift ideas....)

He said the Xbox.... the future is bright for those Xboxes. There are so many ideas in play for that thing that it's scary.... watch out!

Have fun!!!!!! lauralisa

If the world didn't suck, we would all fall off
  • Simon
    Simon

I want an XBox but they won't be in the UK for a while I think and of course the $300 will probably become £349 (they seem to always get the exchange rate the wrong way round).

I was an article about what was planned for the XBox '2' ... very impressive. Built in TiVo stuff and home automation, networking etc ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit