Since life really is short...

by Bubblie 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

Can we hope for brighter skies when all seems to point the other way? Not so bubblie today.

Kit

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Wassup Kit?

The brighter skies aren't gone - only hidden from view. Keep looking for a break in the clouds

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

I think it depends on what viewpoint you are looking at it from.

Are you talking about your personal life, or life for humanity as a whole?

I think that the overall trend for humanity is positive. Sure, things go up and down in the short term. But look how far we have come over history. Seeing the progress of human rights over the centuries gives me hope. An example is the barbaric practices of slavery and torture, which are now widely condemned in the world. Do they still go on sometimes? Yes, but they are no longer acceptable and there can be legal consequences for engaging in that behavior. In the past, people just accepted that life was that way and nothing could be done about it.

I think as ex-JWs we can take the same view for our personal lives. We have managed to see beyond the limitations of the WT. If we can find our way out of a mind control cult, we certainly can create a worthwhile and meaningful life for ourselves, despite any temporary setbacks we might face. This is something we can all be proud of.

I think the long term prognosis for humanity is good. The same is true for us individually if we continue thinking freely, learning and growing as humans.

Best wishes to you.

• parakeet
    parakeet

You're not a dub anymore! Rejoice!

• ninja
    ninja

Can we hope for brighter skies when all seems to point the other way?

hey bubblie....do you live in scotland?....that's a perfect description....he he

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Still I Rise
    You may write me down in history
    With your bitter, twisted lies,
    You may trod me in the very dirt
    But still, like dust, I'll rise.

Does my sassiness upset you?
    Why are you beset with gloom?
    'Cause I walk like I've got oil wells
    Pumping in my living room.

Just like moons and like suns,
    With the certainty of tides,
    Just like hopes springing high,
    Still I'll rise.
    Did you want to see me broken?
    Bowed head and lowered eyes?
    Shoulders falling down like teardrops.
    Weakened by my soulful cries.
    Does my haughtiness offend you?
    Don't you take it awful hard
    'Cause I laugh like I've got gold mines
    Diggin' in my own back yard.

You may shoot me with your words,
    You may cut me with your eyes,
    You may kill me with your hatefulness,
    But still, like air, I'll rise.

Does my sexiness upset you?
    Does it come as a surprise
    That I dance like I've got diamonds
    At the meeting of my thighs?

Out of the huts of history's shame
    I rise
    Up from a past that's rooted in pain
    I rise
    I'm a black ocean, leaping and wide,
    Welling and swelling I bear in the tide.
    Leaving behind nights of terror and fear
    I rise
    Into a daybreak that's wondrously clear
    I rise
    Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave,
    I am the dream and the hope of the slave.
    I rise
    I rise
    I rise.

Maya Angelou

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

Thank you all for your kindness. It is my own situation that I am not seeing as clearly as before, things have gotten complicated. I have many things to make me feel good, like I am not a dub anymore. Thanks parakeet! Ninja I have heard Craig Freguson say on his special, a discription of Scotland as the color damp! It has been raining for three days. My yard is a swamp and it takes awhile to dry up. Decki dear, I love Maya Angelou and I will take note that it says, I rise. Good to hear from you hope you are well. I like you am an air sign born in June. So I rise.

Kit

• oompa
    oompa

Bubbly for sure you can!...esp when it is totally freakin dark......only one way to go friend....brighter has to happen...take care...oomps

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Dark days can seem to drag, and your soul can be down there wallowing. As long as you can pick yourself up again - sometimes easier said than done. Do something that brings you a little joy and take it from there.

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

LouBelle you have a pm. Hello honey, thanks for upbuilding me.

Kit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit