How Do I Change Avatars?

by Cold Steel 6 Replies latest forum tech-support

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I've been looking for ways to change mine, but I haven't found the way. Can anyone help??

Thanks.

• Listener
    Listener

There's probably several ways of doing it and this was my method.  You need to download a picture of your choice to your computer.  Double click on your username on the top bar, right hand side.  This will bring you into a section which will give you the choice to 'Upload Avatar Image'.  Select that and it will bring you back into your own computer to search for the picture that you previously downloaded or have in your picture files.  Double click on the one you want and finish off by selecting 'update your profile'.

Hope that works.

• bsmart
    bsmart

Click  your name at the top of the page, it goes to your profile page... Which you can now enter info about yourself.  About halfway down is the option to change the avatar.  You can do this!   

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

i just did it, and thats saying a lot, lol.

i felt the goofy purple whatever it was, was not fitting my personality.

this is an older pic.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Thanks. I'd always missed that.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Hmmm...so it doesn't change all the avatars on one's old messages, eh? I see the new avatar here on the left, but the ones above are my old avatar. Also, with this new system, changing avatars was easy. I don't know how you guys did it on the old software.

Also, the old one didn't seem to like Firefox very much, or Internet Explorer. It kept telling me my browser didn't support this or that. I'm glad the new one is here, but it will take some time to learn how to keep up on one's topics.

I'm also glad there's a place for a bio. I hope all will avail themselves of it.

• Slave4_38y
    Slave4_38y
    Cold Steel, don't change your avatar! Yours look like the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Ramen! :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit