Memorial Rejects Jesus? Maybe Not.

by cameo-d 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

The primary role of the Holy Grail in Christian mythology is the cup used by Jesus to inaugurate the communion celebration during the Last Supper. Other stories say that the Holy Grail was a cup used by Joseph of Arimathea to catch Jesus' blood when he was pierced by a spear during the crucifixion. Often, it's the same cup in both situations. For centuries, Christians have written stories about what might have happened to this cup, believed to have miraculous powers.

Is it possible that the blood of Jesus could have been used for a demonic ceremony by those who had Jesus killed?

I have found references to a Vermilion Brotherhood as well as traditions of the Gauls who drank the blood of those they conquered, often beheading them and drinking blood from the head.

Is it possible that this memorial ceremony used in churches could actually be based on an evil ritual ceremony?

Jesus knew the Levitical laws prohibited the drinking of blood. Why would he have made such a remark as "this wine is my blood, drink it"?

Could this story of the "Last supper" have been contrived as 'damage control', written at a later date to appease the christians from uprising, and unbeknownst to them, include them into an evil ritual ceremony?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Anything of this sort is possible, with all the memory errors of the Gospel writers (how could they keep the message in memory for 40-60 years without distorting it) and confusion by Paul and others, some of which was intentional. Beyond that, the early Catholic church has further twisted things, creating problems where there were none.

Beyond conspiracies at the point of origin, the Jehovah's Witlesses Memorial does in fact reject Jesus. If the Bible is right that one must drink the wine in remembrance of Jesus' blood and eat the crackers in remembrance of his body, most of them are going to just pass them plate and the cup without doing any of this. In that sense, they are in fact rejecting Jesus.

And, if you are going to reject Jesus, you might as well do it at home instead of wasting the trip to the Kingdumb Hell.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Hey, who knows.

After all they took Jehovah's name out of the bible, according to mother WT.

So how can we trust any of it?

• thomas15
    thomas15

cameo-d,

In the overall context of the Bible, how does WT theology compare their memorial to the OT history and plan of redemption of the Jews, the Exodus and Passover meal?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

cameo-d,

In the overall context of the Bible, how does WT theology compare their memorial to the OT history and plan of redemption of the Jews, the Exodus and Passover meal?

Thomas, I am no expert on WT theology...only what I learn here.

From what I glean from bible scriptures these demons have always been blood drinkers. Both animals and young children have been slaughtered and bled into a cup for sacrifices to Jehovah and other gods.

I wonder if Jesus was trying to expose these rituals in what he he is supposed to have said?

Perhaps the 'wine is my blood' was also meant as a parable to identify his killers.

What's your take on it?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Human sacrifice is an ancient ritual. And it seems that the blood was always collected for...some purpose.

The earliest known example of human sacrifice may perhaps be found in Predynastic burials in the south of Egypt, dated to the Naqada II Period. One of the discovered bodies showed marks of the throat from having been cut before having been decapitated.

-- Human Sacrifice, Jacques Kinnaer

One form of human sacrifices to the gods may have been in the form of slaying criminals and prisoners of war.

Some early dynastic depictions of sacrifices have been found, showing a man holding a bowl, possibly using it

to catch the blood of a victim who is seated in front of him. The man and the victim are normally before either

gods or men of power, making it seem as if these scenes are of human sacrifices. Despite the pictures, there is

not enough information as to why it was done, what happened with the blood in the bowl, or for whom it was

done. Other than the human sacrifice theory, there is another theory as to what is happening in the scenes:

Two slabs were discovered dating to the beginning of the 1st Dynasty , one in Abydos concerning King Aha

and the other in Saqqara , concerning King Djer . Each slab depicts a seated person directing a pointed

instrument to the throat or chest of another person who is kneeling backwards with his arms tied behind

his back. Petrie , Emery and Zaki Saaed believed that this denotes human sacrifice whereas Vikentiesf and

Hussain believe it to be a tracheostomy being performed. The latter view is more appropriate as the

lancet is used as a determinative "to breath" rather than the habitual signs of the nose or the sail. In

Aha's slab the sign Ankh is present; the way the scalpel is handled is more appropriately directed to the

trachea than the neck vessels as obviously the best way for slaughtering was known even at prehistoric

times!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Can anyone answer this question?

cameo-d,

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi cameo-d,

Will the greatest respect, IMHO opinion it is better to spend more time reading a bible which answers every question such as this. Here is the answer.

John 6:54 (New International Version)

54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

Luke 22:19-20 (New International Version)

19 And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me."

20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

Jesus chose His words carefully. The word "whoever" is not a mistake. It is a heretical and contrary to the words of Jesus Himself to replace "whoever" with "the anointed" or "144 000" or any other falsehood taught by the WT. As Jesus said

John 10:16 (New International Version)

16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

Get in the covenant, take the free gift of everlasting life and then take the bread and wine in remembrance of Jesus' sacrifice which grants the gift :)

All the best,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit