Shifting Sands of the Watchtower

by AK - Jeff 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I have become a 'hit and miss' attender here lately. But it seems that the Watchtower is shifting like dunes in the wind lately. Over the past couple of years they have:

• Reduced the Awake magazine to once monthly.
    • Reduced the public Watchtower to once monthly and created a monthly kool-aid edition for the devout.
    • Sold off, or are selling off, Brooklyn
    • Reduced the Public talk to 30 minutes
    • Reduced the Book Study to {?} minutes and combined it with the TMS, Service meetings
    • Eliminated hard cover books and replaced them with soft cover 'perfect bound' style.
    • Laid off many Bethel workers

I haven't paid good attention lately, but is the CO arrangement really ending like rumoured here? I also saw a thread that dealt with some other 'de-centralization' of the congregations, like local 'appointments' etc. Are these confirmed?

I know I am missing more than a few of the 'significant' changes over the past couple years. Please add to my list if you recall them.

Bottom line seems to be 'bottom line' these days, or am I wrong?

Jeff

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Don't forget the new light about the generation of Matthew 24 and that the door to heaven that was closed in 1935 is now open for business again.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

hey JP why dont we all go back to the memorial this year and partake........... apostates ....... the NEW ANNONINTED

ps i dont consider myself an apostate........ you have to leave something TRUE to become an apostate and we didnt did we.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

JP - yet I had forgotten that one. Funny how something like that would have occupied my mind as very significant just a couple years back - now I barely notice some of those things. Getting one's mind back is wonderful isn't it?

Jeff

• wobble
    wobble

Hey Primitive! stop nicking my ideas,one of my first posts on the old JWD was "Wanted 145,000 partakers" or something similar,that was for last year.It would be funny if loads of us could go and partake,they would run out of teeth breaking crackers and cheap plonk thats for sure.

And if at leat 144,001 partook world wide it would blow their doctrine away.

But back to the thread,what will be the next shift in the sand? got to be money-saving in some way,IMO.

Love

Wobble

• carla
    carla

Thank you for the summary! I have been thinking of compiling a quick summary of the changes just since my jw joined myself! Hard to keep track of all the flip flops and when they occur. Not sure if I printed out all the changes just in the past few years if he would even care though, new light and all. sigh.

In my opinion, converts do not understand the profound impact of all the changes.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Service Committee of local congo appoints Regular Pioneers not Branch

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Some more.

Presiding Overseer to become Coordinator of Body of Elders.

Literature downloads available online at JW.org.

A new edition of the NWT without the brackets.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit