The dumbest or funniest thing you heard in a talk???I

by tympan 7 Replies latest jw friends

• tympan
    tympan

Dumbest:

Once in a public talk I heard the speaker say that you get sunburnt more easily when you are in the mountains because you are closer to the sun.

Funniest:

In that shocker of a public talk "A godly view of sex and marriage" (always guaranteed to produce a few laughs) the PO of our congregation was warning us of the evils of masturbation and he told us that we needed to "get a firm grip on ourselves"!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

A brother was giving a talk in "Being honest in all things" and went on to relate how we shouldn't steal the ash trays from restaurants or hotels we frequaint

• tank
    tank

You should drive Below the speed limt

• lonestar63
    lonestar63

A brother mentioned in a Talk the Rock Band AC/DC, and warned us that stood for "Against Christ / Devils Children".

Really.

• donny
    donny

A brother mentioned in a Talk the Rock Band AC/DC, and warned us that stood for "Against Christ / Devils Children

I heard a similiar comment from a talk during the service meeting except he said it stood for "After Christ / Devil Comes."

• viva
    viva

That science and the bible agree.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Our bookstudy conductor said that nuclear power comes from converting matter to energy (ok so far), and then said that everyone does this every day when we do things like driving a car... converting gasoline to energy. *sigh*

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

The dumbest and funniest I ever heard was said by a old old CO... he said that 'we had no idea of all the things jehovah had in store for us in paradise... imagine being able to pet a T-Rex? jah made them all.. so he can bring them back with a new attitude, just like with us!!!!!'

DAMN!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit