Global Tilting

by John Doe 8 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

My friends, we are in a precarious condition that worsens by the minute and shows no signs of relenting. That's right folks, global tilting.

Not many people know about global tilting, but it is the angle produced when an imaginary rod is rammed through the center of the globe's rotation and an angle relationship taken between that rod and an arbitrary "up." That angle has been 15 degrees for the past 976,000 years, but slowly it's starting to increase. As Americans gain weight, the tilt tends to follow the USA as the globe rotates, it currently goes from a paltry 14 degrees to a hefty 16 degrees.

Why should we care though, right? Well my friends, I'm glad you asked. When that angle reaches a critical point of 16 1/2 degrees, the earth will start to wobble like a car tire out of balance. Water will slosh around and cause tsunamis and tidal waves. Freshwater fish will be flung from their homes into a salt hell of an ocean. Birds will not be able to hit windshields as easily.

So, what's the plan? Go on a diet you lard asses! That's right, the future of our planet depends on you exercising your royal bum off. And just so you gain the motivation to save the world, I've written a motivational book for you, only $39.95. 9 out of 10 scientists agree that global tilting is real and it affects the entire world! Act now! Don't delay!

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Huh, sounds like more funny science to me.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Huh, sounds like more funny science to me.

Ah, a tilting denier I see. P'shaw on you!

Here is proof positive that global tilting is real!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axial_tilt

• John Doe
    John Doe

Don't you realize that everything you do affects the planet? Wake up people, before your fat asses lands you in a world of hurt!

• tympan
    tympan

Howdy JD.

It's actually worse than you think!

The Earth is tilted on its axis just over 23° from the perpendicular.

It's all part of a cycle that sees the angle range from around 21° to just over 24°. It is known as the Milankovitch Cycle and occurs over millions of years.

This tilt may have been caused when an enormous meteor slammed into the Earth several billion years ago. The impact was so great that the surface of the Earth became molten

and a huge amount of material was shot into space where it eventually coalesced into the Moon.

Anyway it's a good thing, this tilt. It gives us our seasons as it causes a differential in the amount of sunlight any particular part of the Earth receives as it progress through its orbit of the Sun.

• parakeet
    parakeet

John Doe: "... the earth will start to wobble like a car tire out of balance. Water will slosh around and cause tsunamis and tidal waves."

Sorry, but it'll take a greater catastrophe than that to separate me from my Krispy Kremes.

• John Doe
    John Doe

We're not talking about natural tilt tympan, we're talking about CATASTROPHIC MANMADE TILT! Surely you can see the difference?

• tympan
    tympan

Oh I see, JD.

Forgive me - I was barking up the wrong tree.

Lets see.

Problem: Fat Americans are causing the Earth to tilt.

Solution: Australians need to beef up to counter-balance the effect. Alternatively, you could send a whole bunch of your fatties down here to smooth out the wobbles.

Well I'll do my bit. (--munches chips - ***guzzles beer***)

• John Doe
    John Doe

Lol. What should I entitle my book?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit