JW's called on me today for the first time since I left the organization

by Spook 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Spook
    Spook

I often thought what I might do or say when Jehovah's Witnesses finally came to my door. I live in urban Chicago, so I had until now been imune because of security at appartments (FYI, the vast majority of urban Chicago is completely unaddressed by the ministry work. Laughable.) But I recently bought a house and I now have a front door.

I love a good debate and had planned on giving 'em hell. To no avail...two elderly women showed up at the front door with a memorial invitation. For the first time every I got to be the one to say "No thanks."

It felt a bit surreal, to be honest, but good.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Spook:

I know what you mean. It still feels weird to me and it's been 36 years. I always just say, "No, thanks" also. I absolutely don't want to get in a discussion with them. And I am always so glad that I'm on the other side of the door.

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

You should've asked them if Jesus was their mediator.

If they state Yes, ask them why the Watchtower says no, that he died only for 144,000.

If they state No, ask them how they planned on being saved if Jesus didn't die for them.

I can understand not wanting to get into a discussion with them.But I'm one to question them to try to get them to realize just how far they've deviated from the Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit