Is the Watchtower Lying Again About Kindness?

by metatron 6 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

We've been down this road before: the Watchtower makes some pious comment about helping others and then, having covered its collective a$$, goes right back to the same, fake, cultish ministry. (in regard to today's WT study).

Like the Pharisees, they say but do not perform. However, I did notice that today's study article referred to "numerous" Witnesses being known for being kind ( as opposed to the usual bilge about how they all are so loving). Now, throw in the no stats change in the KM and the meetings reduction and it makes one wonder if they are preparing for some sort of change. Untill the Field Service report gets changed or dumped, I shall simply think that they are lying, as usual but I would welcome being proved wrong!

I spoke with an elder friend and he agreed that something is happening but can't figure out what. I still wonder if they are backing off, why haven't they dropped all their nonsense about college?

What's the use of having 6 million braindead thralls if they close their wallets and behave like helpless children? At some point, the old Theocrats must get tired of this useless empire of ignorance and incapacity.

metatron

• Farkel
    Farkel

I've noticed that nearly every time the WTS seems to be lightening up, it's not long before they slam the door and bring back the hard line.

For decades the Writing and Service departments have been feuding, the former being more liberal and the latter being more Nazi. I think it might be possible for the Writing Department to slip things into the literature from time to time only to have Service stomp on it later.

I'm not aware of anyone on the GB that isn't pure hard core when it comes right down to the wire.

Farkel

• redking
    redking

You know I didn't notice before that the stats were no longer being included in the KM, I guess that was there intention with the new fancy KM that tells you exactly what you need to study all in one place. What do you mean meeting reduction? I think they are planning from sort of change perhaps little by little, they've already ended the bookstudy then they change PO to "Coordinator" I wonder why?

Question: Is there any place where they report the number who partake at the memorial? I thought it was in the yearly stats included in the watchtower for each country but I do not think I saw it there. Because knowing how many "anointed" are left is important in determining if we are any closer in these "last days."

I don't think they will dump the Field Service report because that is how they keep track and categorized individuals but they did stop making it necessary to feel out a Bible study slip for each bible study, i think so more people would be inclined to raise the amount of "bible studies" they are conducting.

Because if young people go to college then they will not recruit more JWs as if they would have entered full time service. But eventually after serving full time for a while the JWs get tired and get more training or education and then jobs and continue to be a witness and use their extra money to donate.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I whispered in my wife's ear at the WT Study today. I said "This is pivotal - something is afoot - things are changing - it seems like they are trying to be more balanced" She agreed

• villabolo
    villabolo

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

• metatron
    metatron

Yup, Farkel, been there, heard that. Years ago, when the multiple personality disorder was in vogue as the latest way for the Witness subconscious to fend off more sterile Watchtower involvement, sisters would call the Society and get different answers. If they sent you to Writing, it was therapy. If they sent you to the Service Dept., it was demonism.

The Writing vs Service fight has been going on for years. What Service says, is the Law, that's where the authority is, the "enforcement".

But in saying all this, there is an emerging context of events that accompanies this Watchtower pronouncement , such as the meetings reduction and so forth. More than that, no one seems to have noticed that this equality of kindness and the "ministry" is almost exactly what Ray Franz was reasoning on!!! As Ambrose Bierce once said "Radicalism is the conservatism of tomorrow injected into the affairs of today".

I would also point out that a number of these changes appear similar in direction to the changes that Maximus predicted years ago before 9/11 derailed them and got the Armageddon-addicts foaming at the mouth again. If the GB is totally hardcore, then how do they rationalize dumping a separate Book Study meeting, etc. ? Who's voting for "moderation"?

metatron

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just wait about 6 weeks. It will be back to business as usual--people might pay a little attention to this, just like they did the hounding calls and The Great Roundup that was supposed to have happened this past January.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit