Another reinstatment attempt...

by XxJazzxX 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• XxJazzxX
    XxJazzxX

Well...my family is moving back to PA in May. As a result, my wife wrote a 2nd letter to the brothers to see if she can get reinstated before she leave. Her first letter was ok but their response was, of course, ATTEND MORE MEETINGS!!

I'm still not sure if they will accept her again simply because she leaves early for the tuesday night meeting because my daughter is on schedule for her bedtime stuff. But i dont know, simply because how easy-going the JWs and Elders been lately. She still have JW family in PA, but they are LESS adament that her mother and father.

Oh yea, even though I know what to expect from the Memorial, I cant wait to confront her about it afterwards, she'll have no defense against it except avoiding the subject!

• garybuss
    garybuss

I've been well rid of any Witness who would shun or snub me or anybody important to me. If they disrespect me because of my choice of religion, or because of my choice of freedom from religion, I don't have time for them. I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

• XxJazzxX
    XxJazzxX

The problem with them was this: They encourage me to read and study my Bible and what not. But when I did, and whenever we get into a discussion about the bible it turns into some kind of great debate and my wife and her mother would insult me because they claim that since i dont study with them, i dont know anything about the bible; and spew the claim that no one will surely understand the bible alone!

• Maddie
    Maddie

I find it all so much against the true meaning of what Jesus was all about, that it does my head in when I read threads like this!

Maddie

• iceguy
    iceguy

Trying to get reinstated is what finally woke me up to leave the WTS.

• parakeet
    parakeet

"Attend more meetings"? If there's one thing JCs like better than tossing disillusioned dubs out like garbage, it's forcing them to ...c....r....a....w....l... when they want to come back.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Point out to your wife that, when the prodigal son returned home, his father welcomed him with open arms, clothed him, and threw him a banquet. He didn't tell him that he had misbehaved and had to spend a year living in the stable to prove he was sorry. The prodigal son came home and was repentant~that was enough. The father whom he had so maligned showed him love and mercy and welcomed him back. Why doesn't the WTS follow this biblical model of forgiveness that Jesus left us in the scriptures? Why do they add these manmade rules and requirements, especially if they truly believe that Armageddon is imminent and anyone outside the "ark" of the WTS will be destroyed? If they're truly concerned with saving people, shouldn't they be more concerned with getting her into the ark before the end comes?

By their fruits you will know them.

StAnn

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

XxJazzxX -

Does your wife understand what it means to quit while she's ahead?

garybuss - I must say that I do disagree with your statement about pissing on jws if they were on fire. I for one would piss on them if they were on fire - but only if I could piss petrol (gasolene for my American friends).

Cheeses - the compassionate one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit