Law suits for ex-Bethelite question????

by lookin 6 Replies latest jw friends

• lookin
    lookin

Does anyone know of any legal recourse an ex bethelite can take for being asked to leave because of being hurt at work while serving at Bethel? Please help...

• roybatty
    roybatty

I don't have any sources of legal advice but this reminded me of something. My brother-in-law has been at Bethel for years but has been injuried several times. Sometimes while playing basketball but a few other times while at work. He was told that if he gets injured again, that he will have to pay for it himself. I always thought that was kind of cruel. Oh well, I guess when you become a slave, you get treated as one.
    Good luck to you though.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I am sure there are many avenues this could be pursued. I would gather Bethel assumes correctly that most Witnesses wouldn't consider taking any action against them if they were injured in their assignments.

I think a good lawyer would be a good place to start. For these sorts of things, documentation is important. Doctors records verifying when the incident happened and the nature of it etc. If you don't have the documentation, or you didn't go to a doctor, your chances of any sort of a settlement diminish quickly.

Path

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

You might be able to get workman's comp (they might have paid something into it). Also, you might be able to get a nice settlement if the Society was not in complience with OSHA standards when you were hurt (see http://www.osha.gov/). Watchtower has paid huge ($100K+) fines in the past for ignorning city, state and federal standards. You need to have a lawyer do some research.

• anewperson
    anewperson

Anderson & Reinhardt have been handling pedophilia coverup cases involving the Watchtower Society. Bill Bowen is familiar with the firm and can give their phone number, after which they may be able to refer you to an appropriate attorney or legal firm if this is too far off their area of specialization. Bill or a helper like Don Hunt may be reached via:

www.silentlambs.org
    [email protected]

• rekless
    rekless

worker compensation laws should be available to you if you call the labour board and report the incidences to them and explain .

Better yet the next time you get hurt at Bethal go to the hospital and tell them you were hurt on the job at the WTBTS factory. This will go on a report to the Department of labour with when how and why.
    If the WTBTS dosen't pay into the workers comp fund they can be fined, and accessed penalties and investigated.

At lease that is how it works in California.

If you are hurt on the job the hospital bills the Company and they had better had a workers compensation policy.

I think the State of New York would work the same.

good luck

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

sorry you got injured at the bethel, tell me please and i am asking respectfully are u still in the truth and if you are why are u in this forum? I hope your injury wasn't to bad, take care of yourself and good luck. How long were you in bethel?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit