The height of hilarity

by JimmyPage 9 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Taking my daughter to the toy store lately has been giving me a wickedly funny idea. They're selling these special anniversary Smurf dolls and I've been really itching to buy one for her- just because of what they represent to JWs. And then I thought... what if I took it up a notch... and pulled it out of my bookbag so that she could have it... during the Memorial! An innocent idea to the outside world... but in WT-Land... the height of hilarity! Imagine the looks of horror on people's faces.

• Quandry
    Quandry

What would be hilarious is if there were a motorized version and it could walk down the aisle-I'll bet dubs would run shrieking and screaming from the hall!!!

• Satanus
    Satanus

How would dubs' reactions affect your daughter?

S

• sir82
    sir82

There's lots of "Smurf stories" on this site, but the hysteria / craze / paranoia occurred 20 or 25 years ago. Unless you are in a congregation of old-timers with long memories, I doubt it would have much of any effect at all.

• is there help out there
  • neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I heard the evil smurf stories growing up. We were terrified of them. I was told a story about some JWs that tried to burn a picture of a smurf only to find out that the picture wouldn't burn. It was the demuz!

I told some of my non-JW cousins this story and I was thoroughly mocked. One of my cousins had a smurfs book and he tore a page out and burned it in front of my face. I felt like an idiot, but at the same time I felt like I was being persecuted.

Wonderful way to live your childhood!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Maybe they will have to call in a Catholic priest to perform exorcism!

I think they have to sprinkle salt in all the corners of the room.

Do JWs have any exorcism rites?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Well, if that doesn't work, next time it's a Ouija board. That is about guaranteed to have the witlesses spilling the spoiled grape juice.

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Sorry Iam from the Europe - what in common have JW and Smurfs? Never heard about anything .... please explain...

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

How about just not going to the memorial.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit