Anyone picked up that muslim fanatic convicted in UK for planning another attack on a soldier was brought up JW?

by Frazzled UBM 6 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM
    I didn't find this particularly surprising given JW indoctrination is all about how evil the non-believers are (and how deserving they are to be destroyed during the big A) and how the WBTS is absolutely right and everyone else is absolutely wrong - so it is not a big jump to Islamic fanaticism.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Good point, Frazzled.

The only difference between the two seems to be that JWs are eagerly waiting for God to destroy the "wicked", whereas Islamists are eagerly destroying the "wicked" for God.

I think that both groups are extremists, in their own way.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

http://jwsurvey.org/news/did-jehovahs-witness-shunning-drive-young-brit-towards-islamic-extremist-radicalizationDid Jehovah’s Witness shunning drive young Brit towards Islamic extremist radicalization?

http://jwsurvey.org/news/did-jehovahs-witness-shunning-drive-young-brit-towards-islamic-extremist-radicalization

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    he got jailed for 20+ years
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

he got jailed for 20+ years - but will he serve the full sentence (22 years, I believe) or will he be free to terrorise society in 10 or 11 years' time?

UK prison sentences need to be toughened up, IMO.

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

I think there is a huge leap from being a Jehovah's Witnesses to ISIS members who go around cutting people's head's off and throwing gay people off of buildings.

I don't see an intellectual comparison there. Sorry dude. I think you're letting your hate get the best of you. Believe it or not most of the world's problems do not stem from someone being a JW once. That's an insult to all ex-JW's.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I agree 100% Irishman, (I won't call you mad, that is unnecessary if you are Irish !)

The kid was ripe for being turned toward some sort of lunacy, whatever the religion of his parents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit