The Miracle of Prayer - Samuel Herd, Governing Body Member

by Kosonen 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Sounds like a plan. Perhaps all the mormons should pray and sit tight until their leadership see the light too? And the Catholics.....and the Scientologists.....

...flawed logic at it's worst.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

I can't believe he said that God doesn't hear prayers for world peace! This religion disgusts me. Jehovah is a monster God to them who refuses even to hear requests for peace in a world of pain and suffering. I can never believe in their version of God again!

• wobble
    wobble

Here in GB (Great Britain) a GB is a God Botherer,somebody who prays a lot. Being a secular society we don't have a lot of time for such people,but we have more sympathy for them than looneys like Sam Herd and the rest of the other "GB"

love

Wobble

• Gayle
    Gayle

Ironic, Herd speaking of that circumstance in the 50's re those women having husbands that were proven homosexuals. I don't think the ruling by the Governing Body of JWs re homosexuality of a married person being actually grounds for remarriage didn't change until 70s or later (can anyone verify). By that time for any answer of those women's prayer, they would have been very much older and chances of remarriage then become much less.

• donny
    donny

This was an issue I brought up in my judicial hearing where they tried to talk me out of dissassociation. I had mentioned that one thing that irritated me to no end was that so many of the brothers and sisters confused Jehovah and the Society. One of the elders, Jared Hardie, commented that only a new one or one weak in the faith would make such a mistake.

I then went on to discuss the change in the view the Society had on homosexual behavior. I mentioned how many sisters who were married to gay men before 1972 could not divorce and remarry without being disfellowshipped and unfortunatley many of them were kicked out for doing just that.

Then in 1972 "brighter light" fell upon the governing body and the rule was changed so these sisters could divorce their gay husbands and remarry without any issue. I then asked "Why didn't the Society just say they had made a mistake and apologize to those sisters who had been disfellowshipped earlier and welcome them back into the fold?"

Then elder #2, Stuart Vislosky, replied "So you think Jehovah should apologize to these women?"

I then looked at Jared Hardie and elder #3, Roy McWhorter, and said pointing at Stuart "He just made my point! I asked why the Society didn't apologize to the sisters and he translated that into why should Jehovah apologize? In his mind, the Society and Jehovah are the same!"

Jared then said the meeting was concluded and we went our separate ways.

Don

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Wow, donny, what a great story. I hope that made them think.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I agree with brother Herd.

When ignorant men change, it's a miracle of God.

• VM44
    VM44

How much of this is Samuel Herd just making up?

How does he know what Jehovah did and did not cause?

Samuel Herd lives in a well developed fantasy world.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Spoken like the true "company man" that he is. The word "headquarters" doesn't appear in the Bible. "Governing Body" doesn't appear in the Bible, either. "Printing", "corporation", "spirit directed", and many more, don't appear in the Bible. But all of that human authoritarianism appear at Watchtower Incorporated.

It is interesting that those "sisters in the 50s" were more clearly "spirit directed" than "headquarters" ever has been in the past, or ever will be in the future.

B the X

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

This talk is offensive on so many levels.. First, they didn't have the sense to know that homosexual husbands going outside of the marriage for sex was adultery. Second, they pushed these guys into marrying for cover in the first place. God, I hate this cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit