"I would exchange every painting of Christ for one snapshot." George Bernard Shaw

by slimboyfat 5 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It's true images are everywhere, but I wonder what if anything would change in the quest for the historical Jesus if there existed even just one photograph.

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Snapshots / Photos can be doctored.

Now, a real demonstration of the real Christ, no trickery, no Devil, still, in this day and age Skeptics abound.

Blueblades

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Unless I see the nail prints and put my hand in his side I don't believe. Thomas. Low and behold! Here comes Jesus, ok Thomas it is I go ahead and feel the nail prints and put your hand in my side.

Why not do it again for us? No snapshot.

Blueblades

• villabolo
    villabolo

Of course Jesus was real, even if he lived before the camera age. You think those disciples had the imagination to make him up?

It always takes a charismatic guru type of personality to start a cult/sect/religion like this.

• Earnest
    Earnest

How would that be different from the 'Shroud of Turin' ? Those who believed had their faith confirmed and those who denied considered it a fake. Despite the radiocarbon dating tests carried out in 1989 the two camps remain firmly entrenched with some doubt as to the accuracy of the dating.

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Jesus' body was wrapped in a full body cloth while his head was wrapped in a separate cloth. So, the shroud is a fake.

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit