Federal prisoner, child of active JW, could be my grandchild?

by FatFreek 2005 8 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005
    I recently learned of the possibility that my son has a love child and that this child is in prison. The child was born in the early 80s. I learned that my ex-wife and her parents may have paid a large sum of money to the young mother (and others) in order to keep this scandal out of the press and perhaps out of earshot of the local elders. Let's keep the org clean by all means. Also to keep my son's name off county's birth records.
    I also just learned of this love child's JailMail.net page where he describes himself, his term of incarceration, his interests -- also his appeal to anyone who wishes to communicate with him.
    Before I attempt that (out of pure curiosity) I wonder how I should go about this. I'd like to somehow verify this child's lineage (DNA, RNA?) and I realize that would be no small expense. Call my son who as an active JW has been shunning me since the early 80s? Call his mother(my ex), also an active JW. This action would, at the very least, reveal that I know about their dirty secret?
    Any tips?
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

FatFreek, do you know the identity of the mother of your maybe-grandson?

She might be able to help you out.

DNA testing, in spite of cost, will answer your question.

Good luck.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005
    While I think I know her name and that of her family from a distant state, I've never met the mother or her family. I'm not really comfortable about contacting them in view of the possibility they may be under some type of gag order.
  • Zoos
    Zoos
    What makes you think this person is THE person that could be your grandson?
  • FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005
    My ex in laws with whom I remained close over all these years
  • kewpie
    kewpie
    FatFreek, Can you possibly contact a lawyer or private investigator to do the leg work for you? I'm sure they have experience with these issues.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette
    You have a right to know. Call your son. He may lie to you. Remind him he is an "active JW" and must be truthful in all things.
  • Miles
    Miles

Hello Fatfreek,

You say you are still on good terms with your ex-in laws, I would call them up and ask them if they are aware of this, I suspect they would know. If you get the feeling that they are aware of this child call your son up and confront him with this news, this is a grandchild that has been deprived the love of a grandparent.

Furthermore, your son needs a nice moral slap in the face for his holier then thou attitude for shunning you all these years while he may have a skeleton in his closet.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005
    "You have a right to know. Call your son. He may lie to you. Remind him he is an "active JW" and must be truthful in all things."
    I'll have to think about that one.
    You say you are still on good terms with your ex-in laws, I would call them up and ask them if they are aware of this, I suspect they would know.
    As I mention above, "My ex in laws with whom I remained close over all these years" are the ones that made me aware of this situation some 11 years ago. At the time I had the feeling that they were bent at fostering dirty gossip. I just recently saw a bit of evidence that nudges me to explore more closely.
    "If you get the feeling that they are aware of this child call your son up and confront him with this news, this is a grandchild that has been deprived the love of a grandparent."
    You make a good point.
    "Furthermore, your son needs a nice moral slap in the face for his holier then thou attitude for shunning you all these years while he may have a skeleton in his closet."

Another good point. He effectively shunned me, then his own son for a third of a century.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit