OK...so how am I to handle this...

by misguided 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• misguided
    misguided

I NEVER phone my parents...except for "buisiness." Tonight was "buisiness."

I have a high school reunion, my daughter wants to buy her grad dress, and I want to get my European Passport, for which I need my father to come to the German consulate with me to obtain. I call tonight to let them know there's "buisness on Friday," and we're coming to the "Coast."

My mother asks if I'd seen the Fifth Estate yesterday. Yes, I say, I was up from 1 am to 2 am, because my 15-year-old daughter "pulled a fast one" and missed the last bus home. I had to go pick her up at about 1:20. The 5th Estate was re-aired between 1 and 2 am. I saw the story, but I missed who I saw on the show.

Long story short... It was a show about the downtown eastside Vancouver. This is where I grew up. One of the people highlighted on the show was Tansia Prouting, a drug addict, who had lost 2 of her daughters to her drug addiction. She was a JW (although it doesn't say that on the show). They talked about her being sexually abused by a friend of the family (I know who that is) and how it lead her to living on the streets.

Now I'm feeling ignignant. I was a single mom of 6...and I was sexully abused by HER FATHER., an elder from New Zealand...and my younger brother (15 years younger) was sexually abused by, and I'm certain is, the same person who sexually abused as described by this girl, as the same person who abused HER....this prostitute, living on the streets of East End Vancouver. My mother actually agreed with this...she knows it happened.

My mom knows I've been sexually abused by JW 's more than once.

I get mad...I tell my mom about the abuse settlements in California, and if I didn't want to make things diffi cult for them, I would start a law-suit against the WTS for what they did to me, and my children. She knows my JW ex-father-in-lawhad a baby with my ex-neice (sister) in-law, yet was covered up by the ORG.

My mother thought I was lying. I assured her I was not. One thing lead to another..sadly...I could not contain myself... and she left the phone-call with no arguements left. I feel sad. I feel bad. I feel like I cannot free her from the cult, but I feel like she wants to know...yet I think that my giving into her wanting to know is going to lead her to hate me. She's protecting the Org...and I should just let my mom believe what she belieives, yet I couldn't. I went on to talk about doctrine...stupid...

anyhow...now I'm feeling like a complete idiot...wishing I'd shut up...

Rose

• yknot
    yknot

Talking is good.....

The subject is overwhelming but better to be discussed and sought to resolve then not....

You should contact a lawyer.... if not for yourself then for those who are still at risk.

Until the WTS publically and privately changes it policy all are at risk.

Tomorrow is a new day and you have broken todays boundary.....push forward.

My you have the peace you deserve

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

I know that was painful. It's very understandable when emotions take over while discussing these kinds of topics. Maybe writing a letter to your mother to help clear the air would help. Sometimes letters allow you to discuss emotionally charged topics without having it get out of control.

Best wishes to you.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The absolute hardest thing in the world for me to accept was me.

Just as a sidebar, I've noticed the one thing a Jehovah's Witness can't stand is indifference. It occurs to me that one reason the Witnesses don't like to talk to me is I'm much better at the art of verbal expression than they are. It occurs to me that a drunk is better at the art of verbal expression than they are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit