Hypocrisy

by awaken2004 1 Replies latest jw friends

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

I am still annoyed by this elder from the KH I used to attend. I was there a few weeks ago to attend a service for my uncle who died.

The elder as usual work into his talk about not worrying about getting rich or having money. He always preaches to people from the platform it is

okay to be poor as long as you are serving Jah. Blah Blah Blah. He is a very charismatic speaker and seemingly nice guy. He attends every

congregation gathering he is invited to if he is in town, goes out in FS regularly. For the most part everyone seems to think very highly of him.

I don't understand why people feel comforted by him telling them it is okay to be basically poor and barely making ends meet when he is driving to

and from the KH in an expensive care, him and his wife wearing designer clothing, the wife with designer accessories and handbags.

He is an insurance salesman and has been one for close to 20 year now is my best guess.

There is another elder there who is also in some type of sales job (I think Insurance as well) and this guy and his wife are the same way. My family

thinks the world of them as well. Will they ever wake up? How can they let these people keep them down!

My parent and siblings have so much potential to better themselves. This screwed up religion has made them suppress their ambition by selling

them false hopes and dreams of a paradise that is "just around the corner".

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

We have something similar in my old cong with Elders who are all formally educated, poo pooing others who want the same. They almost convinced my sister in law to not pursue her education

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit