Death of a JW Relative

by awaken2004 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

A JW relative of mine died last month. I believe he was 80 years old. He knew he was going to die and said all his goodbye to family and friends. Preaching to us at the end to either go back to Jehovah or stay in the org so he can see everyone in paradise.

A service was held at the KH and the speaker at the end of the JW informecial for paradise invited all friends and family to the grieving widows house.

The sister-in-law of the deceased was asked by her nephew (he's an elder) to leave the home because she was df'ed probably over 30 years ago. I couldn't believe it. She couldn'tbelieve it!

She left very upset telling off her nephew that God would never forgive him for this.

I believe my aunt wouldn't have minded that she was there in her home but since her son is an elder she left the decision to him. The only reason I did not get kicked out is because I am not disfellowshipped. Not that I was particularly happy about being there.

I know my cousin did not want me there. Quite of people saw this incident thank goodness for my aunt's emotional outburst.

Just another example of the JW love for one another and the rest of the world.

30 years! Unbelievable! You would think they would try and give a good witness to her and let her stay and see how wonderful and loving they are with the hope that she'll return since we are so close to the last days.

MY immediate family was more sensible about it and agreed they should not have made her leave. Instead they should have told her before hand that she was not welcome in their home. At least that would have saved her some embarrassment.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Unbelievabe is right! But I'm really not surprised. This cult has so much control once it gets it's claws in.

• penny2
    penny2

That's appalling! Unfortunately, I think this would happen in most JW familes. Especially where there are elders in the family.

• PEC
    PEC

She should have refused to leave. The gestapo elder nephew, should have been the one asked to leave.

Philip

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

When is this barbaric treatment of fellow human beings gonna stop, F@#$%& idiots!!!!

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

Unfortunately, the elder (my cousin) is the son of my uncle who died. His mom left the decision to him because he is an elder.

Funny though, his sister who was disfellowshipped years ago in now born again christian and he still talks with her and didn't ask her to leave.

I don't really think they are very close but he excuses her for leaving the org for whatever reason. My guess is because him and his siblings had a pretty tortured childhood even though they were witnesses.

He has no problem judging everyone else w/out knowing their circumstances. It's funny because my own brother is the same way.

• penny2
    penny2
    Funny though, his sister who was disfellowshipped years ago in now born again christian and he still talks with her and didn't ask her to leave.

That's inconsistent! I guess you'll never know the reasoning unless you ask him direct. Then again, it's usually best not to have those sort of conversations as they almost always result in worse treatment for someone.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

By their love you will know them.

Or in the case of the JWs...know who they are NOT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit