Insider outsider Watchtower

by Luo bou to 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

I am interested in learning what you think are the reasons for having two Watchtowers. ( Not the party line) How is it put into practise and is it working?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Noo Lite and Extreme mind control in the kool Aid edition and fluffy 'lovey dovey' BS in the public edition.

Extreme mind control is certainly working in my family.

They even used to refuse me the Awake! before the Kool Aid Watchtower was introduced.

Cheers

Chris

• viva
    viva

It was pretty easy to put in place since they had already reduced the Awake to one issue a month.

The public magazines are definately softer. The study edition is pretty much for hardcore indoctrination. I wouldn't really say it is any more complex than it used to be, as it is just the same crap over and over, but they do use many more JW specific terms.

• carla
    carla

I told my jw about an ex jw here who was refused the koolaid edition of the wt from family members who later did go to a meeting and was allowed the koolaid edition during the meeting but an elder (ms? someone) made them give it back before they left. My jw claimed it was a lie because anybody can get the koolaid edition online at the 'official wt site'. Is the dead tree koolaid edition the same as the online one if it exists? can someone clear this up for me? thank you.

• Morgana
    Morgana

Online available are only the audio editions of both the "study" and "public" WT and Awake as well as some brochures, bible and other material (mp3 and aac format):

http://www.jw.org/

Printed material (pdf or any other format) is not officially available, at least not yet.

• carla
    carla

Thank you for clearing this up for me!!

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

The koolaid edition also seems to cram the no questioning, doubting or murmuring thing along with the hatred of anyone apostate.

fYI, in my old cong. it was very hard to get additional copies of this edition when they first separated the mags. You practically had to beg the elders to get an extra one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit