If you can read this,

by John Doe 7 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

thank a teacher. If you can't read this, thank an anarchist.

• villabolo
    villabolo

John Doe, I'm an anarchist but I have absolutely nothing against literacy. I believe you are using the cliche definition of anarchy=chaos when in fact anarchy as a political philosophy simply means no heirarchy-society organized in an egalitarian manner.

• John Doe
    John Doe

anarchy

One entry found.
    </form>
    Main Entry:
    an·ar·chy           Listen to the pronunciation of anarchy          Listen to the pronunciation of anarchy
    Pronunciation:
    \ ' a-n?r-ke, - ? när-\
    Function:
    noun
    Etymology:
    Medieval Latin anarchia, from Greek, from anarchos having no ruler, from an- + archos ruler — more at arch-
    Date:
    1 a : absence of government b : a state of lawlessness or political disorder due to the absence of governmental authority c : a utopian society of individuals who enjoy complete freedom without government 2 a : absence or denial of any authority or established order b : absence of order :disorder <not manicured plots but a wild anarchy of nature — Israel Shenker> 3 :anarchism
  • villabolo
    villabolo

Wikipedia has a good article on anarchism and a slight familiarity with anarchist philosophy will make it obvious that the dictionary definitions are biased. It is because most people cannot imagine society without the state, rulers and other "strong men" that they picture an idea of total chaos. This bias becomes part of they dictionary definition.

In any case there are schools in my and other anarchist's philosophy. And plenty of order believe it or not.

• John Doe
    John Doe

You can call yourself whatever you want to, but you sound like a libertarian to me.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

JD, quit taunting the rubes.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I'm sorry ip--I'll try not to taunt you.

• inkling
    inkling
    ...will make it obvious that the dictionary definitions are biased.

This is, of course, a conspiracy by "Big Language" to suppress dissenting "Alternative Language",
    in which words mean whatever the f**k we WANT them to mean.

Language is the property of the people! And I'm a people! Why is my dictionary be censored and
    expelled from publishing houses and libraries?

Fascists!

[inkling] <----closeted anarcist tendencies in a crunchy satirical candy shell

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit