Cruelty

by WuzLovesDubs 7 Replies latest jw friends

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Maybe it's me. Im moving out of the house we have had for 10 years, and after 22 years of marriage. My two youngest are moving with me...to get away from their own father who really doesnt get what it means to be a dad or husband. And we are moving out of a 4000 square foot home that is torn apart from construction that seems to have no end (which isnt even worth what we owe on it any more and we couldnt afford to finish) . Hence the reason we are moving and he is staying there. I left the separation open ended, thinking after maybe a year apart we can revisit the marriage. Sunday Im at work and get a text from my yougest that dads JW sister, JW brother in law and their FIVE kids were there for a barbeque. Mind you my husband NEVER invited anybody over to that house in 10 years we were there. And so he waits until the evil apostate wife is at work and asks the JWs to come over. I was pissed about that...I mean they shun me and theyre his family...but I was still pissed at the sneakiness of it.

So yesterday I said to my daughter, I wonder if daddy is going to ask your Aunt to move in here? And her eyes flew open and her mouth fell agap and she said "Thats EXACTLY what they were talking about yesterday!" I about SHIT right there! You mean to tell me he is gonna have SEVEN people move into this house and take over the entire place and live in the rooms he PROMISED TO HIS KIDS?? Does he even care that his own children will no longer have a place to come to in their fathers home, THEIR home?? He apparently told my daughter those were his plans and said, "Well at least you will KNOW the people sharing the rent here and so it wont be ENTIRELY awkward for you when you come to visit." And she said he laughed about it. My youngest son apparently doesnt know about his fathers plans yet...and I think it will just make it worse between he and his dad. He already thinks his dad doesnt love him and doesnt care that he is moving out...and giving away his room will just put a nail in that coffin. Its just so fucking cruel to totally cut off his own kids like that. We have sacrificed everything, and the kids have been slaves working on this house...and now his father is giving away his room.

I do understand that my husband wants a room mate to help with expenses but a family of SEVEN who SHUN me?? Living in MY house?? Taking MY kids rooms away from them for good??

Im thinking now he is forcing my hand and I HAVE to file for divorce and end this. He apparently doesnt WANT me to come back or even TRY to work it out. Gawd...

• cluless
    cluless

Maybe its you?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

You and the kids are out and go get the divorce. There are worse things than him turning his back on the kids. He could be fighting to keep them away from YOU.

Be thankful and go live for a change without the WTS hanging over your heads

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I totally agree with Lady Lee. He'll be shunning the kids anyway over the jw issue.

• trebor
    trebor

Hi Wuz,

I'm sorry to read of how your husband is treating you and your kids. However, there is solid indoctrination reminding him that the Jehovah's Witnesses are his"real" family; respecially other Jehovah's Witness family members. He's probably justifying in his own mind that he's the one making the sacrifice for the sake of jehovah and His organization. It's sick and twisted. i know.

Thankfully, your children have you as a mother who has true unconditional love of her children which can teach them not to be the kind of person who shows such conditional twisted love and reasoning to loved ones as demonstrated by their father.

• PEC
    PEC

a_big_hug_4_u.jpg a_big_hug_4_u picture by Claire080

Philip

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Wuz

I want to apologize for my previous post. It might have sounded cold and ignored your feelings of anger. I still believe what I posted earleir but there is a second issue here that is very important.

After I left my JW husband he had one of his brothers move in. That I didn't like but it didn't really anger me. What really angered me was when he married a new sister in the cong who had two daughters.

I bet every one who knew him thought God was rewarding him for his faithfulness. He lost a wife and 2 daughters and God replaced them with another wife and two daughters. Wasn't that just peachy.

I was livid inside. But it took a while for me to figure out why I was so angry.

I was angry because everyone thought he was such a saint. With a wife gone bad. The truth about his abuse to me and the girls never came out. I was the bad guy.

It wasn't fair. It wasn't just. The elders who knew how he abused us let this man marry an unsuspecting woman who brought two more little girls under his roof to abuse.

At least she only stayed 10 years to my 15. And like me she committed adultery to cut the ties with him.

And still he has the clean reputation. THAT is what maddened me. No one knew what he was really like because he was so good at playing the good guy. But my name was trashed with unpteen stories about things I supposedly did

You are on the winning end

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Thanks again you guys...every time he does something like this it makes my leaving clearer to me. It IS the thing I need to do..for all of us.

xoxo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit