Coming to the Father

by wobble 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wobble
    wobble

This is for the Christians on the site really,but all comments are welcome.

Jesus said that "No one comes to the Father,except through me", my understanding of those words is that we need to ask Jesus to be our saviour,to accept,or adopt, us as sons and daughters,and thus become our Eternal Father,and thus we become brothers and sisters of Christ and hence can have a relationship with Almighty God.

I may have missed something so please add or correct me,but if the above is in essence correct no JDub of the " great crowd" can have a relationship with God,as they are not Christs brothers.

This leads me on to ask,if you do believe as I do (as above) what can I do about The Lords Evening meal,I do not feel at present that I can go to any Church,I will not go to a K.H,and I am alone in my belief as to family,so have any of you celebrated it alone? and if so isn't that really weird?

Love

Wobble

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

This leads me on to ask,if you do believe as I do (as above) what can I do about The Lords Evening meal,I do not feel at present that I can go to any Church,I will not go to a K.H,and I am alone in my belief as to family,so have any of you celebrated it alone? and if so isn't that really weird?

Wobble,

No! You can of course invite others to this observance if possible but in many cases such as yours this will not be the case. My wife and I observed it alone and with friends at times but since her passing this ended. It is your discipleship, your faith, your obedience to our Lord's command that you are displaying and being alone is not a problem. Dependence on others or an organization for your salvation never was a requirement. This was illustrated simply in the Revelation like this: Re 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. We should never be ashamed or frightened when doing the right thing. This can be illustrated another way: Ro 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Joseph

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

You have to remember that the observance does not need to be once a year on Nisan 14. It can be done any time, surely.

Also, you're right. JWs do not have any right to a relationship with God because their sins aren't forgiven and their sins aren't forgiven because they're not in the New Covenant as adopted sons of God.

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

Good question wobble. I have been wondering this myself. My brother who is a JW invited me to the memorial, and I told him that I wasn't sure.Biggest reason being that i don't want to give any former friends of mine at the hall any ideas or go through any superficial conversations. I have come to LOATHE surface talk, as important as it is sometimes. I told him, "I'm thinking about going to Tim Hortons, buying some 5 dollar gift cards, and giving them to some of the homeless...Jesus would like that too". He did set me straight though and reminded me that Jesus said "Keep on doing this in rememberence of me".....so I AM thinking of going to hall where noone knows me.

lurk3r

• wobble
    wobble

I feel that Jesus words "Keep doing this in remembrance of me" were particularly aimed at those present on that night,but if we do apply them ourselves how could we go to a KH and REJECT Jesus by not partaking?

Love

Wobble

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

I feel that Jesus words "Keep doing this in remembrance of me" were particularly aimed at those present on that night, but if we do apply them ourselves how could we go to a KH and REJECT Jesus by not partaking?

Wobble,

As were many of our Lord’s teachings that would eventually be passed on to all His disciples since so many of them were given privately by Him. What our Lord did not do is to teach them or anyone else that such symbols would be publicly rejected by such disciples. You know the texts in John chapter 6 about eating His flesh and drinking His blood. And this one: Mt 10:33: But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. It was Paul that was critical of some that were observing, not because they were partaking but because they were abusing this observance. 1 cor 11:21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken. 22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not. So the problem was not that some should abstain. The problem was that they were abusing the true intent of this remembrance.

Passwordprotected said: You have to remember that the observance does not need to be once a year on Nisan 14. It can be done any time, surely.

Passwordprotected,

Many think the way you do today, but would the apostles think that way or would any Jew for that matter take it the way you do? The Passover was an annual event and this difference would not change that. Thousands of Christian Jews afterwards would continued to observe the Law and circumcision in fact including some Apostles for a time so even the literal Passover would not go away. And what about the Apostle Paul? Was he teaching anything like your view? Just what did he teach to the Corinthians? 1 Cor 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: 24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. 25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. 26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord’s death till he come. Paul pointed to a precise time during the week in which our Lord died and in another verse the precise cup, the cup of blessing that was used by our Lord during this observance. 1 Cor 10:16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? Does a word like often change any of that? No since this would be an observance for the rest of their lives. But to the abusers, those still keeping the Law a problem that Paul fought against for over 40 years, and their making a Passover out of it or those making it a main meal instead of a remembrance of that event we learn. 27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body. 30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. You see this observance is not a guarantee of acceptance into this Kingdom. 31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. Our Lord reserves the right to reject such unworthy ones and cast them out. How easily we fail to apply our Lord’s words where He said: Matt 24:48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; 49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken; 50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of, 51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Losing our discipleship and finding ourselves on the outside with the rest of the world would result in weeping and gnashing of teeth indeed.

Joseph

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello Wobble,

With regards to communion, yes you can take it alone-I do so at home sometimes. Just make sure you examine yourself before you do as Paul says. To be in the covenant of Jesus' blood, just make sure you have received the free gift of salvation.

1 Cor 11:25 NIV This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me."

Rev 22:17 The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.

All the best,

Stephen

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

You could also do this, on line in a chat room.

Paradise Cafe does this, maybe others also I don't know about.

Blithe Freshman

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

It can be done at home, alone, or with others who share your faith in Jesus Christ.

"Drink from it, all of you. This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit