TO:Simon

by m2u 1 Replies latest jw friends

• m2u
    m2u

Hey Simon,

I read your post in the exercise forum.
    You said that you did not have enough space for a punching bag.

I have travled around the world but never the U.K.

What are the houses like ? What's "Typical"
    How many Bedrooms, bathrooms etc. how many square feet/meters ?

Here we usually have 3 bedrooms,2 bathrooms, a dining room, family room, living room , kitchen with an area to eat meals, probably a fireplace and most have a 2 car garage in which they store a bunch of
    odds and ends with cars parked in the driveway. I guess most homes here would average around 1500 SQ. Ft.

My house is 5000 square ft. and I use about 600 sq. ft. of it.
    The rest is just a waste.
    It has 4 bedrooms and a guest room, 4 bathrooms, formal dining room, family room, living room, den, game room(billiards)snooker?:)
    a couple of fireplaces and a large kitchen with a large area for a family to eat informally. It's got a hot tub and pool in the back a 4 car garage(full of junk) and way too much grass to mow.
    It's a pain the the you know what to maintain and I can't see why anyone would need a house like this. I raised 5 kids here so I kinda needed it. I'm selling it this summer and buying a much smaller and simpler home. You said you were leaving the U.K. wana buy it ? :)

m2u

• Simon
    Simon

Houses here are a lot smaller and more expensive. We looked at some houses when we were in Canada and what we could get there for £80,000 would cost well over £250,000 here...plus they aren't as close together. The hoses here don't tend to have basements and are usually brick - it's very damp here so wood doesn't do too well.
    We live in a mid-terrace a bit like those on Coronation Street (you must get that...). Your's sounds just what we're after...wanna swap?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit