Joshua Class or Writing Department

by Inkie 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Inkie
    Inkie

Greetings One and All,

My brother whom I thought would never ask questions has recently begun to ask questions about the Society's history, doctrines, and practices, like I just believe would never have happened. I am excited beyond words. Now for my request, if you can help me out, please.

Can someone tell me where in the Society's publications (of any kind, whether it be books, magazine, videos, etc.) I can find information about when the Writing Department took over from the Governing Body. I seem to remember some article somewhere showing a diagram of the various multiple departments that the Society has been using over the years. I believe they call this "having turned over everything to the 'Joshua class.'

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

--Inkie

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

I was at the Annual Meeting at the Stanley Theater in 2000. That is when the GB turned the Watchtower Society over to other brothers so they could concentrate on producing spiritual food, rather than be involved in legal business stuff. That's what they announced anyway.

As far as the writing is concerned, the Watchtower always says that the articles are written "under the direction of the Governing Body." So they never really say who writes the articles.

BF

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I don't recall ever reading anything to the effect that the Writing Department took over from the GB. It's more a case that the GB (being modern day Pharisees) kowtow to the legal department in everything these days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit