Why in God's Name....

by shamus100 6 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus100
    shamus100

Didn't they have Jehovah's Witnesses on the movie Religious?

I would think kids dying from not having blood transfusions would be pretty news-worthy to say the least.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Do you mean the movie "Religulous" by Bill Maher?

I have no interest in anything Maher does, but I will admit I'm disappointed to learn he didn't mention JWs in his opus.

I would imagine that the reason is either that JWs are irrelevant beyond anything they can grasp, or they are the world's one true religion.

I'm being sarcastic about that second option.

Dubs are small potatoes. Maher wants to get his message to where the people are, and that IS NOT the Dubs, who only hold six million people in thrall worldwide.

It is unfortunate that they are ignored, because they could use a good ass-kicking, but I doubt that Maher is the guy who could provide that posterior pommelling. He's not smart enough, in my opinion, and he wouldn't bother to get his facts straight, thereby weakening his argument.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I only saw bits of it on youtube.

Did they have Mormons, or Scientologists, or Moonies?

Maybe he will do a sequel on cults.

We could all help to script it!!!

• shamus100
    shamus100

He had Mormons and Scientologists; just snippets.

My apologies; it was Religulous, not Religious.

It was a good movie for entertainment value. Overrated, for sure, or it may just be the fact that I have believed that all religion is complete bullshit since leaving the dubs.

Nathan, watch it. It was pretty funny.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Religulous was hilarious! I'd recommend it. I thought the JWs were left out intentionally. They are more likely to watch it if they know its about other religions and it may just plant a seed or two.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Ok, I'm pissed. I just realized Religulous disappeared out of my Netflix queue. I blame Bush.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They originally had the witlesses included, but the Washtowel Slaveholdery threatened to sue the crap out of them if they portrayed the witlesses in any but the most positive light.

OK, so I cannot prove that they originally had the witlesses. However, I could see the Washtowel Slaveholdery suing or threatening to sue anyone that exposes any of their inner secrets. And, they bought the rights to be recognized as a legitimate religion (as opposed to a cult) in the eyes of the governments--with YOUR donations!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit