Do JW"s prowl and area for long?

by 4mylove 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 4mylove
    4mylove

I panicked on the way to work yesterday. I left my hubby at home because we were having our roof replaced and when I was headed out of the neighborhood, there they were. I wondered how this was going to affect him. Would he let them in? Would they even stop by with all the comotion going on? Will they be back? I had never seen them in my neighborhood before and we've been there for almost 3 1/2 years.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

In the city, they will usually take about half an hour per street--assuming that half the houses are not home or boarded up--this can vary. Longer streets, or those with a lot of houses, usually take a full hour to 1 1/2 hours to work. Then they get in the car and spend another half hour gabbing about.

They are usually back later that day, or the next day--if they do as the hounder-hounder keeps hounding them to do. More common is that they will return later that week or the next week, and then the territory will get returned after 3 or 4 workings.

• 4mylove
    4mylove

What does it mean for a territory to be "returned". That they come back?

• blondie
    blondie

The territories are cards with a map of various parts of the neighborhood that are checked out like library books to various jws. They hold them and supposedly try to contact each home once and then they return the territory card to the jw in charge of checking them out. They hold them for awhile and then check them out to another jw.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

If your Kingdom Hall has a large territory then the visit rate is lower. In Chicago, for instance, because there were so many Kingdom Halls, the territories were worked over and over and over much to the chagrine of the residents there. When you have visited a territory so often that you know the first names of the peoples whose doors you are knocking on...you are definitely working the territory too much and have probably squeezed every last convert out of it a long time ago and have become a nuisance.

If you havent seen them in 3-1/2 years I wouldnt worry about an onslaught unless he invites them back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit