it's official

by heathen 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heathen
    heathen

April 9th is the date set for the annual food denial celebration , complete with a brochure that says , "keep doing this in rememberance of me". Excuse me but I think he meant the actual eating and drinking part of it ....

• oompa
    oompa

LMAO!...that was one of my deal breakers...it had freaked me out for years as did the use of the "faithful and discreet slave...or the slave" (got spooky)

i fussed about it so much that the last year i went...the elders called me to make sure i would be there!!!.....they were worried i was not gonna show and it would shock the congo

but once i quit going for a year..........they did not even call me to invite me cause they were glad i was gone and outta their hair (not pubic)

then the next year i made a STATEMENT meeting...my only one in almost two years now.....i skipped the memorial they did not even invite me to...and then went the next sunday!....shocked the hell out of my wife......and that was not the "not-special talk" that follows the memorial...wha the hey is that about?....anyway....i went to show the "friends" that if i wanted to be at the frikkin memorial i COULD have...but chose NOT too....that is why i call that a STATEMENT meeting... i may do it again this year.................oompa

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

You are not only denying eating the food, but you are rejecting Jesus when you go there. If you are going to reject Jesus, you might as well do that at home.

• heathen
    heathen

Some did make a big deal out of going this year as well , the most important day of the year (some remarked), to remember that christ died for you but not to eat and drink ,which is public declaration (according to the apostle Paul) of your belief that he did die for all mankind . Of course they technically believe it's only the 144k and nobody else can enter the covenant without horrific consequences . I'm studying with an alledged "anointed" and all I can say is that I don't believe him, he is always making up his own dogma and trying to convince me of some ridiculous nonsense .

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

The way Jesus explained it is that if you deny him in front of men, he will deny you in front of his father. So where does that leave you?

If I ever go to one of these shindigs, I have no intention of denying Jesus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit