Support group

by Cath 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Cath
    Cath

I would like to form a support group for those ex JW's that live in Perth Western Australia.
    We all of us have a story to tell about what life was like on the "inside" for us and for some it was harder to get out than others.
    I dont necessarily want everyone to tell their story as some find it very hard, but for myself, going it alone without just knowing someone who had been there was the hardest.
    I dont want a very formal atmosphere, but it would be nice to be able to get together with like minded others for coffee and a chat.
    If you are interested and from Perth WA please dont hesitate to contact me. You dont have to go it alone.
    Cath

• FreePeace
    FreePeace

Hi Cath and Welcome to the board!

I was moved by your story that you sent me to post on TruthQuest. I hope others will read it as well. http://www.geocities.com/freepeace2000/cath.htm

Good luck on your support group. Too bad you're not a little closer or I would meet with you too.

My best to you!

FreePeace
    "The World is my country, and to do good, my religion." --Thomas Paine
    TruthQuest: http://beam.to/truthquest
    Who Am I? -How to Reinvent Yourself After Leaving the WTS

• ISP
    ISP

Good Luck Cath on this project. There are quite a few from Aus....where they are exactly I do not know!

ISP

• Celtic
    Celtic

Not of Auz, but just to encourage you with your support group, its really good to see you taking this initiative and I wish you all the best with it. Keep your chin up lass!!

All the best!!

Mark

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hi Cath,

I'm from Oz but am on the east coast, alas! Have you been in contact with Jan Groenveld? She is located in Brisbane but has many contacts all over Australia. I know she would love to assist you in any way.

And thanks for having the initiative to form a support group. I believe there is a real need for people to speak to others informally.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

ya like you've met with me Freepeace???? hahahhaha

Good luck on the support group!!! Never been to Perth, but would love to someday. I say hope on a train and at least go to one of the bbq's!

Ven

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit