Awake article about youths who died for refusing blood transfusions

by Mrs. Fiorini 9 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Does anyone know how I can get a copy, or several copies, of the Awake magazine (I don't know the date) with the cover article featuring the JW kids that died refusing blood? I would also be interested in any other W's or A's that had information regarding the blood issue, especially as it relates to children.

Thanks.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

The Awake is the May 22nd 1994 edition.

The article is here as a searchable PDF if it's any good to you.
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/k6fwci

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

This may also be of use...

It's from the February 15th 1983 Watchtower...

"Strength Beyond Normal and How They Found It"
    It started when their 12-year-old daughter, Sara, suddenly got sick with a rare blood disease. At the local hospital the doctor recommended blood transfusions. Because of their respect for God's law regarding life and blood, and on account of medical information they have acquired over the years, they decided against the treatment.—Genesis 9:4; Acts 15:28, 29.

Hoping to find some alternative, they rushed Sara 250 miles (400 km) to Thunder Bay, only to find the same response from the doctors there. Continuing their search, they took Sara out of the hospital.

Eight hours later Sara's struggle for life came to an end. For her parents this was only the beginning.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4f8vle

• besty
    besty
    on account of medical information they have acquired over the years, they decided against the treatment.

Tort of Misrepresentation anyone?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

So many childrens lives ruined as a result of enslavement to the group think sickness.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Thank you for your help!

• heathen
    heathen

I thought they recently made it a conscience matter on whether to take blood or not . The bible teach book has it as the old teaching of , blood shall not be consumed in any way . I tried my best not to create suspicion of dissent but kinda hard to do as they love to beat you over the head with dogma on it and the most you can do is either agree with what they say or put up with constant harrassment as to whether you would take a transfusion if needed , I mean jeeze , I don't need a transfusion so what's the big deal ? I don't believe a person should have to keep a church informed as to their medical procedures and quite clearly the blood mentioned in the bible is that of animals which has no use other than the one the jews used it for in their rituals. I admit I don't even make sure my butcher is kosher and all blood drained to biblical specs .

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Any other organization that had that kind of outcome as a result of using their product would have enough shame to either cover it up, make apologies and pay restitution, or launch a PR campaign to put a better spin on it. That this organization would boast about blood sacrifice of children at their directive shows that they are incapable of shame, and the god that they channel in their secret chambers is not one any decent person would want to be associated with.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

The May 22, 1994 Awake! article is also online at:

http://elsewhereishere.com/jw/blood/YouthsWhoPutGodFirst.pdf

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I thought they recently made it a conscience matter on whether to take blood or not

That came about not long ago because of legal matters and was most likely instituted by their lawyers after certain law suites.

As for as they say now in my understanding and I may be wrong, that they will now not disfellowship any baptized JW that takes a blood

transfusion, but is said that the individual would mostly be disassociated.

The dispassionate GB have stated even if they are wrong on the blood issue well at least those individuals have the hope of

the resurrection placed upon them.

Since so many lives have been taken on this doctrine, it will never be reascended simply because the law suites that

would occur would be too costly in both the organization identity and for financial reasons.

That cover article of the young people who died for not taking a transfusion is morally sickening and dishonest, particular

in the headline they used, for the reason that those children didn't make the choice, their fucked up delusional parents made

it for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit