Chance find at the flea market

by Mebaqqer2 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mebaqqer2
    Mebaqqer2

I found something at the flea market today...two, not bound volumes...but individual magazines (Watchtower and Awake for the year 1974) each in a blue bundling folder. The folders have "Watchtower" and "Awake" embossed on the front and in gold lettering on the spine with "Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society" at the bottom of the spine. Who ever put these together, however, put the entire year of Awake! in upside down. Anyone know what the proper name for these binders are and how to open them so I can put the Awake! magazines in the right way?

Mebaqqer

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

Edited my comment. I had these binders but through them away. Sorry I couldn't recall how to do it.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

If it is the same as the blue binders they used to sell each magazine has a thing metal rod stuck in its center. These will bend in the middle as you catch them and pull them to you. This releases the magazine as the metal ends pop out of the metal track on top an bottom. You'll see it's not too hard do figure out. W.Once

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Well maybe an exjw got rid of their magizines or a from an estate sale.

but by having original mag, is great because they wouldn't have been altered in anyway like when the re edit them for the bound volumes.

That is a good find.

Orangefatcat

• Mebaqqer2
    Mebaqqer2

Let me try that...it worked! Now my question is, should I sell them individually or in the set? (joking...maybe)

-Mebaqqer

• hubert
    hubert

If you are into looking for old W.T. books, I find a lot of them in used book stores.

I found the "Salvation" book in one. The gem in that one are the pages on Beth-Sarim and the Princes of Old.

Hubert

• Gregor
    Gregor

The page numbers of the Watchtower mags started at page 1 for the first january issue of the year and continued in sequence till the last issue in December. The bound volume thus became a big book of about 600 pgs(?). We never ordered the bound Awake volumes. Of course, even the bound WT volumes were soon worthless due to the short shelf life of the Societys spiritual food. No pastuerization I guess.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit