IFC Movie "Worlds Apart"

by kazar 6 Replies latest forum tech-support

• kazar
    kazar

Has anyone seen the Independent Festival Circuit movie "Worlds Apart"? I just watched it tonight. It is based on the true life experience of an XJW. If anyone has seen it I would like your opinion on it.

• watson
    watson

Comcast On Demand.

Well made film.

• kazar
    kazar

Thanks, Watson. I thought so too. I wonder where they got the actors to play such accurate parts. The scenes seemed really intense to me. Like people who had really lived through the experiences.

• watson
    watson

I liked how they let the cult-ural aspects speak for themselves, instead of exagerating them to make JWs look like looneybins. Had much more weight that way, and if, by chance a "friend" should see it, they won't be able to say it was hooey.

• dinah
    dinah

Dammit, I don't have Comcast. Netflix dont' have it either

• kazar
    kazar

Likewise. It was a long movie and during it I never knew if she was going to go back to JW's or stay out. I couldn't determine if it was anti-JW or pro-JW until the end.. What I didn't understand was how her father who was disfellowshipped (in the movie the word was expelled. I guess so it would make more sense to outsiders) but still able to counsel his daughter. I was confused on that issue. It was sub-titled which made it more difficult to follow but I understood he resigned from being an elder but wasn't disfellowshipped. Did I miss something? Or has it been that long ago for me that I am now unaquanted with their practices?

• dinah
    dinah

Yeah, when your "daughter goes bad" they make an elder step down, but still retain him as a mind-controlled dub.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit