It's nice to be "evil"

by beroea 2 Replies latest jw friends

• beroea
    beroea

So nice to be ”evil”

Our family had the pleasure to have a visit of a pioneer sister – very dear to us. She uses to study with our 2 children. In the past the article of WT or the subject of the book study. I demand a change of that to some Bible discussions and reading instead with a lot more outcome to my children. I - still serving as elder - get her normal respect of “my role” and “leadership”. So she listens when I speak. Some times during dinner – because she normally stays for that – we begin to discuss some JW matters. I normally don’t say much. My thoughts are my own and I don’t want to be a reason of conflict in her mind. But sometimes I’m not just able to keep my mouth shout.

This night was one of those moments. She begins to show some kind of “self thinking” - even very young. This means she thinks of justice and basis human behaviour.

During the dinner the discussions came to some Bible verses and the 237 uses of the Tetragrammaton JHVH in the New Testament and others things about the NWT of the Bible. Finally we came to the conclusion that a translation of the Bible must be free of any personal or religious touch and must be true to the original text. We didn’t say that direct but the thoughts of all were that the NWT didn’t fulfil that basis demand.

I propose her to go to the congregation to get the Diaglott, The Kingdom Interlinear and other Bible translation and read for her self. IT’S NICE TO BE A LITTLE “EVEL” SOMETIMES”

She begins to think. That’s the start of understanding.

Beroea
    A voice of Europe

• Rev BII
    Rev BII

Does the NIV live up to that requirement? Anyway I guess the NWT has done harm to JW. Russell didnt need it. Rutherford didnt need. Other sectpeople like Christadelphian's Thomas and Blake didnt need it.

God Bless

• belbab
    belbab

Beroea,

In the eyes of the Pharisees in the first centuary, Jesus was an evil slave, sometimes we follow in his foot steps.

belbab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit