"Worlds Apart" (To Verdener) available via On-Demand

by shopaholic 9 Replies latest jw friends

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

The movie is available with English subtitles on On-Demand. Saw it earlier today. Watch it soon so we can discuss it. I don't want to spoil it for anyone but it was very interesting.

Shop

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

Hey Shop, where O- Demand?

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Comcast has it in their lineup unti March 17. I just looked it up on their website. They say go to movies and events, then all titles and you should find it there.

I can't wait to watch it.

• watson
    watson

A very well made film. I think most here will enjoy. Some minor details are off, but not enough to invalidate it.

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

Hey Watson, what details do you think were off? The elder with the beard? I agree with you but I'm wondering maybe you noticed things I didn't.

I read somewhere on the net that the girl's story it was based on actually happened over a few years time but of course for the movie they had to shorten it up.

I am wondering about the songs (Kingdom Melodies), were they actual dub songs? They sounded familiar but I can't be sure. Just curious . . .

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

awaken2004,

Those were not actual JW songs, I figured it was for copyright reasons but the melodies were similar.

When she was out in service with older sister, did she have on blue jeans going from door-to-door? I've preached in jeans before but it was in a very remote area in another country but they were in the city.

• watson
    watson

Shopaholic mentioned one with the jeans in service. Also, I think they had an elders JC meeting without ties....some terms slightly off, but may be because it is Danish. As I mentioned, not enough to take away from the force of the film.

The music used some familiar riffs, but blended with generics, I'm sure it was to avoid legal probs.

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

Yeah out in field aervice with jeans caught my eye. I am pretty sure though that the elders in my jc meeting were not dressed up in ties. I could be wrong I have a poor memory.

• misguided
    misguided

It is "must-watch" for any Jw or xJW. I downloaded the movie off of whoever made the movie available here on the JWN site.

It was beautiful. My husband and my girls watched it. My husband (never a JW) got a glimpse into my past world that he never would have understood had he not if he hadn't seen the movie. He liked the movie. My girls liked the movie.

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

The club scene when Sara got sick from drinking too much, how did you intepret the friend's behavior? I thought they were trying to show how witnesses (especially younger ones) are often nervous about being caught when doing things the religion either forbids or frowns upon.

Do you think a non-dub watching the movie and knowing very little of the dub world would get that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit