They Made that Up! "Holy See?"

by Sparkplug 9 Replies latest social current

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

How Do you "be" a Holy See? And Ok, This Holy See who just happens to be Of German decent decides that, yes!

What happened to the jews was wrong, but seeing a former whoever excommunicated Mister Bishop for claiming nobody was gassed in the war...at this point,

lets treat it like rehab, and he no longer feels that way and now he is ok. He just lets hun back in and all is well. Se everybody is friends!

Let me put on my pink shoes and you grab that pink hat... and were going out.

Me, the Holy See and you.

Mr, German Rehab Biship in a pink hat!

This world is a crazy place a friend and I decided over the paper tonight.

Really, You have to laugh it is a bit funny. Ok, you don't have to, but I was compelled to and I hope you enjoy!

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/world/stories/DN-pope_29int.ART.State.Edition1.46f7fd4.html

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Aaagh could someone help me post that page pretty please? I am having a time of it. grrrr.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

against any denial of the horror of the Holocaust. [Click image for a larger version] The Associated Press The Associated Press Pope Benedict XVI stressed 'full and indisputable solidarity' Wednesday. The pope was reaching out to Jews angered by his recent decision to rehabilitate a bishop who says no Jews were
    gassed during the Holocaust. "As I renew my full and indisputable solidarity with our brothers," Benedict said at a weekly audience at the Vatican,
    "I wish that the memory of the Shoah will prompt humanity
    to reflect on the unpredictable power of evil when it conquers the hearts of men." Shoah is a Hebrew word for the Holocaust. "May the Shoah be a warning to everyone against oblivion, denials or reductionism," the pope told thousands of
    pilgrims at a weekly audience at the Vatican. The Vatican had already distanced itself from comments by Bishop Richard Williamson, a Briton who has denied
    that 6 million Jews were murdered during World War II. The Holy See said that
    removing the excommunication was done for reconciliation reasons and by no means implied the Vatican shared Williamson's views. Wednesday's remarks were the first comments on the issue by the pope himself since the controversy erupted. The German-born Benedict recalled his visits to the Auschwitz concentration camp – including as pope in May 2006 –
    and the "brutal massacre of millions of Jews, innocent victims of blind racial
    and religious hatred." The Associated Press
  • Sad emo
    Sad emo

Just to clear a couple of points for you Sparkplug. The "Holy See" isn't the Pope alone, it's the general rule making organisation - a bit like the Governing Body!

And Williamson wasn't excommunicated for holocaust denial. It was because he was part of a breakaway group of ultra-traditionalist priests led by Archbishop Lefebvre (?sp). This is the group that the RC church were trying to make peace with by reinstating the excommunicated Bishops. That Williamson is accused of holocaust denial is a 'side issue' (a very big one!).

I'm not too sure whether it was a good idea to reinstate him. It would probably have been sufficient for the Pope to reinstate the others for now.

On a side note, i'm taking this oportunity to remember the forgotten/ignored 5 million non-Jews who also lost their lives.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I remember all that furor back in 1988.

Is Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre dead?

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Pope reaches out to Jews, decries Holocaust denials
    "As I renew my full and indisputable solidarity with our brothers," Benedict said at a weekly audience at the Vatican,
    "I wish that the memory of the Shoah will prompt humanity
    to reflect on the unpredictable power of evil when it conquers the hearts of men."

I don't like the word Shoah though. Shoah is a senseless disaster. I prefer Holocaust.
    BTS
  • Sad emo
    Sad emo
    Is Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre dead?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcel_Lefebvre

Yes he is. Looking a his past makes you wonder whether he'd have given Williamson the boot if he'd known his stance.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thanks, Nemo.

Sometimes I forget about trusty ol' Wiki.

Sylvia

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I was just thinking about this again. I was still in the RC church back when the Lefebvre thing happened - but I never heard anything about it at the time. It seems they kept it quiet among the R&F!!

Sound familiar? LOL!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yeah, just like the Ray Franz thing.

I'd never heard about it until I read the 1982 Times magazine article.

I remember thinking, surely he must have done something awful to warrant a disfellowshipping.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit