"Everything happens for a reason"

by JimmyPage 4 Replies latest social current

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I've never been one to believe in fate but you hear people say the above all the time. "If it's your time to die there's nothing you can do about it". You hear that one a lot, too. There have been a couple of times where some things happened in my life that made me say, "Wow, I can't believe that just occurred." Like something bigger than me stepped in and helped me out. But for the most part things seem pretty random. Anybody have thoughts on the subject?

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Living life = timing

Timing is everything

Dismembered

• flipper
    flipper

I think things that happen in life are pretty random. My wife and I were discussing your subject here and her take was , " It's one reason people feel they need cults or religion because they can't stand NOT knowing what will happen in life . They have to know - can't stand it just happening. " I tend to agree with this. Actually life to me is far more interesting NOT knowing what the future holds. Each day is it's own new adventure ! Just my take

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

And about 90% of the time, that reason is called "coincidence".

Even the things one does intentionally, have myriads of coincidences as their underpinnings.

• parakeet
    parakeet

JimmyPage: "If it's your time to die there's nothing you can do about it."

If that were true, people who quit smoking would die at the same age and rate as those who continue to smoke. But quitting smoking extends one's lifespan. No one disputes that. You have choices that can affect how long you live. It's true that when you die, there's nothing you can do about it, but you can do something about when it's your time to die.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit