If a visitor wanted to be in a non-public meeting,saying they were a jw

by badboy 6 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

visiting the area, would they be let in?

• thebiggestlie
    thebiggestlie

maybe? im not sure i understand the question bad one....

• badboy
    badboy

Lets say, a holidaymaker said they were a jw and wanted to attend the non-public meeting, would their be a problem?

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I am not sure that there is such a thing as a 'non public' meeting any more.

At one time, the group study, because it was held in a private home, was classed as a 'non public' meeting. Disfellowshipped persons could always attend meetings at the Kingdom Hall but were not allowed in to the group study. With no group study any more, that issue has gone away.

I am not a legal person but my guess is that as the congregation displays the days and times of the meetings outside the Kingdom Hall, often with the message 'all welcome', then it would go totally against their charitable status to refuse entry to people of the grounds of ethnicity, race, religious views or sexual orientation. What they are clever at is sitting disfellowshipped people at the back and totally treating them as if they aren't there.

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

Eyeslice is right. All meetings are public which is one of the ways you know the jws are not a cult!

Am - with tongue firmly in cheek!

• badboy
    badboy

thanks

• minimus
    minimus

I love this question.

What if he wasn't even a visitor? Then what? Huh???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit